- Functions of Roads and Maritime Services including boat or drivers licences, photo cards and vehicle and boat registration services
- Functions of NSW Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages
- Obtaining Opal cards for public transport
- Seniors Card
- NSW Fair Trading licences
|Jurisdiction||New South Wales|
|Headquarters||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Parent department||Department of Finance, Services and Innovation (New South Wales)|
It is run as a corporate organisation under a CEO, with loose control from the Minister for Finance, Services and Property.
Service NSW had extended opening hours which reduced somewhat, however continues to provide access to its offices on Saturday mornings at most locations.
Service NSW is legislated under the Service NSW (One-stop Access to Government Services) Act 2013 No 39.
Development of Service NSW commenced in July 2012, with the appointment of Michael Pratt as Customer Service Commissioner. Over the next year, organisational structure and business processes were developed, and executive team and staff were recruited. The organisation was officially created as a separate agency on 18 March 2013. In April 2013, a "concept store" was opened for testing. In July 2013, its website and a round-the-clock telephone service were launched, and its inaugural Kiama service centre was opened.
Service NSW offices replaced Roads and Maritime Services offices in New South Wales. They provide additional services in multiple locations that were previously only available in the Sydney CBD and at certain regional locations.
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- "Service NSW". www.service.nsw.gov.au.
- "About us". www.service.nsw.gov.au. 6 June 2013. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- Needham, Kirsty (25 September 2016). "NSW government slashes opening hours of Service NSW centres". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Service NSW (One-stop Access to Government Services) Act 2013 No 39" (PDF). Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Service NSW Annual Report 2012-13" (PDF). 12 December 2016. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Service NSW CEO snapped up by Suncorp | The Mandarin". The Mandarin. 17 August 2017. Retrieved 9 December 2017.
- "Feds poach NSW commissioning boss for new Infrastructure and Project Financing Agency | The Mandarin". The Mandarin. 24 November 2017. Retrieved 9 December 2017.