Democratic Alliance of Nagaland
The Democratic Alliance of Nagaland is a state level coalition of political parties in Nagaland. It headed the Nagaland government with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). It is formed in 2003 after Nagaland Legislative Assembly election with Naga People's Front (NPF) and BJP. The alliance is in power in Nagaland since 2003.
|Founder||Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party|
|Seats in Nagaland Legislative Assembly|
34 / 60
Present Members and Seats in Nagaland AssemblyEdit
|No||Party||Current No. of MLAs in Nagaland Assembly|
|1||Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party||21|
|2||Bharatiya Janata Party||12|
|No||Name||Term of office||Party||Days in office|
|1||Neiphiu Rio||6 March 2003||3 January 2008||Nagaland People's Front||1767 days|
|(1)||Neiphiu Rio||12 March 2008||24 May 2014||2264 days |
|2||T. R. Zeliang||24 May 2014||22 February 2017||1005 days|
|3||Shurhozelie Liezietsu||22 February 2017||19 July 2017||1447 days|
|(1)||T. R. Zeliang||19 July 2017||08 March 2018||1005 days|
Indian general election, 2014Edit
Chief Minister of Nagaland that time, Neiphiu Rio has been chosen as the candidate of Democratic Alliance of Nagaland's for the lone Lok Sabha constituency of the state. Rio defeated closest Indian National Congress rival K.V. Pusa by 4,00,225 votes, which is the second highest winning margin after Narendra Modi in the country.
- "DAN to stake claim in Nagaland". Rediff.com. 2 March 2003. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- "Naga People's Front secures absolute majority in Assembly polls, set to form third consecutive government". India Today. PTI. 28 February 2013. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- "General Information, Nagaland". Information & Public Relations department, Nagaland government. Archived from the original on 2015-05-08. Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- "Nagaland CM Neiphiu Rio to be DAN candidate for lone Lok Sabha seat". IBNLive. 20 February 2014. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- "Nagaland CM Neiphiu Rio resigns along with his Council of Ministers". The Hindu. 23 May 2014. Retrieved 21 August 2014.