Deep Water (2020 film)
Deep Water is an upcoming psychological thriller film directed by Adrian Lyne, based on the novel of the same name by Patricia Highsmith, from a screenplay by Zach Helm and Sam Levinson. The film stars Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas, with Tracy Letts, Lil Rel Howery, Finn Wittrock, Dash Mihok, Jacob Elordi, Kristen Connolly and Rachel Blanchard appearing in supporting roles, and marks Lyne's return to filmmaking after an 18-year absence; his last film was Unfaithful (2002). 20th Century Studios will release the film in US on November 13, 2020, making it the first erotic film release from Disney since Color of Night (1994) and Regency Enterprises’ first film to be released under the 20th Century Studios banner.
|Directed by||Adrian Lyne|
|Based on||Deep Water|
by Patricia Highsmith
|Music by||Marcelo Zarvos|
|Distributed by||20th Century Studios|
A married couple who have fallen out of love with each other begin playing deadly mind games against one another that begins seeing those around them dying.
The project began development in 2013, with Adrian Lyne set to direct and Fox 2000 set to finance. Fox 2000 sold the rights to New Regency in 2018. In August 2019, the project saw new developments; Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas agreed to star, with Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures agreed to handle the distribution via their 20th Century Fox label. In October 2019, Tracy Letts and Rachel Blanchard joined the cast of the film.
Filming began in New Orleans on November 4, 2019, with the additions of Dash Mihok, Lil Rel Howery, Jacob Elordi, Kristen Connolly, Jade Fernandez and Finn Wittrock to the cast. In December 2019, Michael Braun joined the cast of the film.
- "DP Eigil Bryld Teams With Director Scott Z. Burns, Actor Adam Driver To Tell A Hero's Story In "The Report"". SHOOTonline.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (August 1, 2019). "New Regency Bringing Adrian Lyne Back To Directing With 'Deep Water;' Ben Affleck, Ana de Armas In Talks For Patricia Highsmith Adaptation".
- Kroll, Justin (November 16, 2019). "Ridley Scott's 'The Last Duel' Gets the Greenlight as Disney Dates Multiple Titles".
- "Full Frontal Nudity From the Company That Patented the Cute Wiggly Tush". Los Angeles Times. April 3, 1994.
- Michael, Brendan (October 23, 2019). "Exclusive: Tracy Letts and Rachel Blanchard Join Ben Affleck in Thriller 'Deep Water'". Collider. Retrieved October 23, 2019.
- "Current Productions". www.filmneworleans.org.
- Wiseman, Andreas; N'Duka, Amanda (November 14, 2019). "'Deep Water': Lil Rel Howery, Jacob Elordi & Dash Mihok Among Cast To Join Ben Affleck & Ana De Armas In Adrian Lyne Thriller, Cameras Roll".
- N'Duka, Amanda (November 25, 2019). "Finn Wittrock Cast In New Regency Thriller 'Deep Water' Starring Ben Affleck".
- N'Duka, Amanda (December 13, 2019). "Lodric D. Collins To Play Smokey Robinson In Aretha Franklin Biopic 'Respect'; Vincent Pastore Joins 'The Birthday Cake'; Michael Braun In 'Deep Water'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved December 13, 2019.