Dane Road is a tram stop on the Altrincham Line of Greater Manchester's Metrolink light rail system. It is located on Dane Road in northern Sale, Greater Manchester, England. It opened on 15 June 1992 as part of Phase 1 of Metrolink's expansion.
|Opened||20 July 1931|
|Previous names||Dane Road (Sale)|
London Midland Region of British Railways
|24 December 1991||Closed as a rail station|
|15 June 1992||Conversion to Metrolink operation|
The station originally opened on 20 July 1931 by the Manchester, South Junction and Altrincham Railway (MSJAR) and was referred to as Dane Road (Sale) on early tickets and timetables. It was operated as a four-platform station from opening until 1963. Dane Road closed as a British Rail station on 24 December 1991 for conversion to Metrolink operation, where it reopened for Metrolink service on 15 June 1992.
Dane Road is on the Altrincham Line, with trams towards Altrincham stopping every 6 minutes during the day, Monday to Saturday, every 12 minutes Monday to Saturday evenings and Sundays. Trams also head towards Manchester and Bury, with the Monday to Saturday daytime service running every 12 minutes each to Piccadilly or Bury, while evening and Sunday journeys run to Piccadilly only.
- 10 trams per hour to Altrincham (5 off-peak)
- 5 trams per hour to Bury (peak only)
- 5 trams per hour to Piccadilly
As of January 2019, Dane Road is located in Metrolink ticket zone 3.
Connecting bus routesEdit
Dane Road station is not served by any bus service, with the nearest service being Finglands/Stagecoach Manchester service 99, which stop further along Dane Road and runs to Sale and to Manchester via Northenden.
- "The Manchester South Junction and Altrincham Railway". The LMS Society. Retrieved 22 September 2022.
- "Metrolink - Tram Times - Dane Road". Metrolink. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Metrolink ticket zones map". TfGM. Retrieved 5 December 2018.
- "Network Maps". Transport for Greater Manchester. Archived from the original on 2 November 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|