DR1 (DR Et) is the flagship television channel of the Danish Broadcasting Corporation (DR). It became Denmark's first television station when it began broadcasting in 1951 – at first only for an hour a day three times a week.
|Launched||2 October 1951|
|Picture format||16:9 720p (HDTV)|
|Audience share||24.7% (2016, )|
|Slogan||Vi mødes på DR1! (Let's meet on DR1)|
|Broadcast area||Kingdom of Denmark|
|Formerly called||Statsradiofonien TV (1951-1959),
DR TV (1959-1988),
|Canal Digital||Channel 1|
|DR TV||Watch live|
Besides its own productions, the channel also broadcasts co-productions with other Nordic countries through Nordvision, as well as a significant amount of programmes from English-speaking countries like the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia, all in the original language with Danish subtitles. Its news programme is called TV Avisen.
- 1951–1966: 10 hours a week (5 programs)
- 1966–1982: 14 hours a day (35 programs a week)
- 1982–1995: 18 hours a day (50 programs a week)
- 1995–2000: 21 hours a day (60 programs a week)
- 2000-today: 24 hours a day
Colour television test broadcasts were started in March 1967, with the first large-scale colour broadcasting occurring for the 1968 Winter Olympics in Grenoble, France. DR officially ended "test" transmissions of colour television on April 1, 1970, although it wasn't until 1978 that their last black-and-white television program (TV Avisen) switched to colour.
In 2004 DR announced future plans for a complete switch from a 4:3 screen ratio to 16:9 widescreen broadcasts. The switch took place in 2006 when DR moved its production facilities from TV-Byen to DR Byen in Copenhagen. The last of DR1's own productions to switch to widescreen was the daily news programme (TV Avisen) in November 2006.
Original Programming on DR1Edit
- Better Times
- Follow the Money
- Huset på Christianshavn
- The Bridge
- The Eagle
- The Kingdom
- The Killing
- The Legacy
- The Protectors
- Nikolaj og Julie
News and societyEdit
- TV Avisen
- Magasinet Penge
- Bag om Borgen
- 6200 Aabenraa
- Bonderøven - Moved from DR2 following the success of the show.
- By på Skrump
- Dansk Melodi Grand Prix (The Danish national selection for Eurovision Song Contest)
- Det Nye Talkshow
- Eurovision Song Contest 1964, Eurovision Song Contest 2001 and Eurovision Song Contest 2014.
- Gift ved første blik - Moved from DR3 following the success of the show. Remade in other countries as Married at First Sight.
- Gør det selv
- Ha' det godt
- Hvad er det værd?
- Klimaduks og Blærerøv
- Søren Ryge
DR productions based on other formatsEdit
- Disney Sjov (Disney Cartoons)
- Isas Stepz
- Min Funky Familie
- MGP Nordic (together with SVT, NRK and YLE)
Other DR productionsEdit
- DR Kirken
- Før Søndagen
Imported programming on DR1Edit
- "DANMARKS RADIO 1925-". Danmarkshistorien. Aarhus Universitet. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
- TNS Gallup TV-Meter
- "Seertal 1. halvår". tvnyt.com. 4 July 2016. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
- 40 år med farve-tv fra DR
- "30 år på tekst-tv-tronen". DR. 14 May 2013. Retrieved 8 April 2017.
- "Fra søndag vil DR sende 95 pct. i 16:9". tvnyt.com. 13 November 2006. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
- "Video - Analogt sluk i Danmark okt. 2009". recordere.dk. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "THE DANISH DVB-T NETWORK". Digi-tv. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "DR1 (HD) – Værd at vide". digitalt.tv. 11 January 2012. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
- "Ikke alle tv-udbydere klar til DR HbbTV - se om din er". FlatpanelsDK. 29 May 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2017.