|Launched||28 January 2013|
|Picture format||16:9 720p (HDTV)|
|Country||Kingdom of Denmark|
|Broadcast area||Danish Realm|
The channel is mainly focused on sport, humor, science, music, documentary and fiction. It was launched on 28 January 2013, replacing DR HD. DR3 programming is directed towards the young and young adult audience, between 15 and 39 years old. The channel airs at least one film each evening, not rarely American comedy, thriller-comedy and action. Series like Vikings, The Knick, Ripper Street and Black Sails has been aired on DR3, and so have X-game sports and even computer games like championships in Counterstrike. The channel doesn't air news. Documentaries are mostly of technical type, for instance "Mayday, Air Disaster" and "Ice Road Truckers".
From 2020 DR3 will cease broadcasting as an open television service, and will instead be offered as an online-only service.
Logos and identitiesEdit
Programmes aired on DR3Edit
- De uperfekte
- Du lyver!
- Fuckr med dn hjrne
- Generation SoMe!
- Gift ved første blik - Later moved to DR1 following the success of the show. Remade in the US, UK, Australia, France and Spain as Married at First Sight
- Jeg er ambassadøren - Documentary series showing the life of Rufus Gifford, United States Ambassador to Denmark 2013-2017.
- Monte Carlo elsker - A spin-off of the Monte Carlo radio show on DR P3, following the hosts in various situations.
- Musik Dok - Kidd Life
- Petra dater hele verden
- Prinsesser fra blokken
- Storm i et glas vand
- Thomas Skovs bilprogram
- "DR3 går i luften den 28. januar". DR. 17 January 2013. Archived from the original on 18 January 2013. Retrieved 22 January 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "DR lukker tre tv-kanaler og tre radiokanaler - TV 2". nyheder.tv2.dk (in Danish). 18 September 2018. Retrieved 10 March 2019.