Postcode district boundaries:
The DN postcode area, also known as the Doncaster postcode area, is a group of 32 postcode districts in England, which are subdivisions of 13 post towns. These cover eastern South Yorkshire (including Doncaster), north Lincolnshire (including Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Barnetby, Barrow upon Humber, Barton-upon-Humber, Brigg, Cleethorpes, Gainsborough, Immingham and Ulceby), small parts of Nottinghamshire (including Retford) and the East Riding of Yorkshire (including Goole), and a very small part of North Yorkshire.
|Coordinates: 53°32′31″N 0°43′30″W / 53.542°N 0.725°W|
|Postcode area name|
|Statistics as at May 2020|
The S64 postcode district for Mexborough was earmarked as DN13, which has never been used. Otherwise, the area's districts are numbered sequentially up to DN22, and from DN31 to DN41.
The approximate coverage of the postcode districts:
- ^ "ONS Postcode Directory Version Notes" (ZIP). National Statistics Postcode Products. Office for National Statistics. May 2020. Table 2. Retrieved 19 June 2020. Coordinates from mean of unit postcode points, "Code-Point Open". OS OpenData. Ordnance Survey. February 2012. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- ^ Royal Mail, Address Management Guide, (2004)
- ^ Linda, Rosencrance (1 June 2000). "UK Postal Service Launches Online Mail Service". Computerworld Australia. IDG Communications. Retrieved 4 February 2012.
- ^ Royal Mail (18 July 2011). "Non-geographic codes" (PDF). p. 2. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 January 2012. Retrieved 4 February 2012.
- ^ "A guide for letter envelope design and clear addressing" (PDF). London: Royal Mail Group Ltd. 26 November 2019. p. 37. Retrieved 11 April 2022.