DGM Racing (formerly King Autosport) is a Canadian professional stock car racing team that currently competes in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. The team is owned by Mario Gosselin. King Autosport is located in Saint-Mathieu-de-Beloeil, Quebec. The team formerly fielded a Camping World Truck Series team and an ARCA Racing Series team. Gosselin won 2 ARCA races with the team. The team currently fields the No. 36 Chevrolet Camaro full-time for Josh Williams and Donald Theetge, and the No. 90 Camaro full-time for part-time drivers Caesar Bacarella, Alex Labbé and Donald Theetge.
|Series||NASCAR Xfinity Series|
|Race drivers||36. Josh Williams, Donald Theetge|
90. Caesar Bacarella, Alex Labbé, Donald Theetge, Dillon Bassett, Dexter Bean
|Sponsors||36. Joe Froyo/All Sports Coffee/Harkin Construction |
90. Alpha Prime/Maxim
|Latest race||Xfinity Series:|
2019 Ford EcoBoost 300 (Homestead)
|Races competed||Total: 297|
Xfinity Series: 143
Camping World Truck Series: 73
ARCA Racing Series: 81
|Race victories||Total: 2 |
Xfinity Series: 0
Camping World Truck Series: 0
ARCA Racing Series: 2
Car No. 36 historyEdit
In 2018, it was announced that the Alex Labbé would compete full-time in 2018 in the No. 36 Chevrolet with sponsorship from Can-Am. In 2019 it was announced that Josh Williams would drive the 36 full-time. In May 2019 Williams got his best career finish, finishing 8th at Talladega Superspeedway.
Car No. 90 historyEdit
In 2015, the team returned with Mario Gosselin and Martin Roy in a full-time schedule. Martin Roy was in the No. 92 for some races. The No. 90 team itself ran full schedule but only 18 races with DGM Racing and the ride was split with SS-Green Light Racing.
In 2016, the No. 90 returned to the NASCAR Xfinity Series once again and now almost full-time except for 2 races, one fielded once again by SS-Green Light Racing and the other one fielded by B. J. McLeod Motorsports. In 2017, the team returned full-time again but now only for 21 races with King and the ride was split with Brandonbilt Motorsports that fielded the car in the other 12.
At the 2019 U.S. Cellular 250, Dillon Bassett collided with a sweeper while attempting to enter pit road during one of the caution laps. At the 2019 Drive for the Cure 250 Alex Labbé would get the best finish in team history, finishing in 6th place.
Car No. 92 historyEdit
The No. 92 is a second team for DGM Racing and the team was created in 2015. The No. 92 runs a limited schedule with various drivers. This team is sometimes a late-entry to complete the 38-car field, and almost always is a start and park car.
- Malcevic, Marijan. "King Autosport". SnapLap. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- "Dumoulin Competition and King Autosport: A Powerful Combination". www.speedwaymedia.com. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- "Xfinity Statistics: King Autosports [DriverAverages.com]". www.driveraverages.com. Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- Page, Scott (July 29, 2019). "NASCAR addresses collision with sweeper at Iowa". Jayski's Silly Season Site. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved July 31, 2019.
- "King Autosport fielding two XFINITY cars at Daytona". Retrieved 2017-06-02.
- DGM Racing owner statistics at Racing-Reference