Brian Henderson (racing driver)
Brian Henderson (born May 12, 1997) is an American professional stock car racing driver. He has driven in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, NASCAR K&N Pro Series East, National Auto Sport Association, Sports Car Club of America and Pirelli World Challenge.
Henderson at Road America in 2018
|Born||May 12, 1997|
|NASCAR Xfinity Series career|
|3 races run over 2 years|
|Car no., team||No. 90 (Brandonbilt Motorsports)|
|Best finish||55th (2018)|
|First race||2017 Zippo 200 at The Glen (Watkins Glen)|
|Last race||2018 Johnsonville 180 (Road America)|
|Statistics current as of November 17, 2018.|
Partnering with Rossini Racing Products in 2017, he moved to the Sports Car Club of America while running NASA events, still racing Spec Miatas. Henderson claimed the 2017 NASA championship in the Performance Touring E Eastern States class. He also raced part-time in the Pirelli World Challenge, driving for Copeland Motorsports in partnership with Rossini. Henderson scored a top-five finish at Lime Rock Park. Also in 2017, he competed in the Mazda Teen Challenge, earning an invite to the MRT24 Shootout.
In the 2016 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East season, Henderson signed on to drive two events for Precision Performance Motorsports. Henderson, at the time, was also a development driver for the team. and scored a Top-10 in his debut at Virginia International Raceway, finishing ninth after being spun in the middle of the race. He also competed at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, marking the largest oval track that he had raced on.
In 2017, Henderson made his Xfinity debut at Watkins Glen, driving the No. 90 car for Brandonbilt Motorsports. He started 34th and finished 33rd after struggling early in the race and making contact with Blake Koch.
A year later, he once again returned to Watkins Glen. He partnered with Friends of Jaclyn Foundation for two races: Watkins Glen for Brandonbilt Motorsports No. 90 and Road America for Brandonbilt using No. 38 owner points from RSS Racing to make the field.
Motorsports career resultsEdit
(key) (Bold – Pole position awarded by qualifying time. Italics – Pole position earned by points standings or practice time. * – Most laps led.)
|NASCAR Xfinity Series results|
K&N Pro Series EastEdit
|NASCAR K&N Pro Series East results|
|2016||Precision Performance Motorsports||46||Chevy||NSM||MOB||GRE||BRI||VIR
* Season still in progress
1 Ineligible for series points
- "Brian Henderson". www.mx-5cup.com. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- "Brian Henderson to Make K&N Pro Series Debut with Precision Performance Motorsports – Precision Performance Motorsports". ppm646.com. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- "Fisher, Henderson Dominate both VIR SARRC races; Brian Wright experiences bitter sweet victory in ECR". Rossini Racing Engines - Spec Miata Engines. 2017-03-17. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- "Drivers Claim Titles in the 2017 NASA Eastern States Championships Presented by Toyo Tires - NASA". www.nasaproracing.com. Retrieved 2018-03-02.
- "Liefooghe, BMW Leads Touring Car Round 2 Sunday - Pirelli World Challenge". Pirelli World Challenge. 2017-04-30. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- "Duncan Ellis and Jason Connole lead a Rossini sweep of all the podium spots at NASA March Madness at VIR". Rossini Racing Engines - Spec Miata Engines. 2017-03-27. Retrieved 2018-03-02.
- PWC. "Goulart, O'Connell earn PWC TCA/TCB wins at Lime Rock". www.racer.com. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- Sinclair, Adam. "Mazda Motorsports Announces MRT24 Shootout Eligible Racers". Retrieved 2018-03-02.
- "KNPSE: Brian Henderson Inks Two-Race K&N East Deal With Precision Performance Motorsports". Race Chaser Online. 2016-03-21. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- Warters, Nathan. "Stafford High School graduate Henderson is in fast company". Fredericksburg.com. Retrieved 2018-03-02.
- "Precision Performance Motorsports, Brian Henderson – Dominion Raceway Preview". infieldjen.com. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- "Brian Henderson to Make K&N Pro Series Debut with Precision Performance Motorsports". Catchfence. Retrieved 2018-02-28.
- Wilson, Steven B. "Brian Henderson Posts Top-15 Finish in Largest Oval-Track Start". Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- "Driver Brian Henderson 2016 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East Results - Racing-Reference.info". racing-reference.info. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- "Previewing the NASCAR Xfinity Series Zippo 200 at Watkins Glen". Motorsports Tribune. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- "XFINITY: Kyle Larson earns first XFINITY Series last-place finish in 100th start". brock.lastcar.info. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- NrReference (2017-08-08), Brian Henderson and Blake Koch crash - NASCAR 2017 Xfinity Series at Watkins Glen, retrieved 2018-03-01
- "Zippo 200 at The Glen". Retrieved 2018-02-28.