Toledo Speedway is a racetrack located in Toledo, Ohio. It is owned jointly by Roy Mott and ARCA President Ron Drager. It is operated by ARCA and run as the sister track to Flat Rock Speedway in Flat Rock, Michigan.
|Owner||ARCA, City of Toledo|
|Major events||ARCA Racing Series|
Sioux Chief PowerPEX 200
USAC Silver Crown Series
Rollie Beale Classic
|Length||.5 mi (.804 km)|
|Banking||12-13° (Turns 1/2), 11° (Turns 3-4)|
|Race lap record||15.860 (Justin Lofton, Dodge, 2008, ARCA)|
Toledo Speedway opened in 1960 was paved in 1964. In 1978 it was sold to Thomas "Sonny" Adams Sr. The speedway was reacquired by ARCA in 1999. The track also features the weekly racing divisions of sportsman on the half-mile and Figure 8, factory stock, and four cylinders on a quarter-mile track inside the big track. They also have a series of races with outlaw-bodied late models that includes four 100-lap races and ends with Glass City 200. The track hosts the “Fastest short track show in the world” which features winged sprints and winged Super Modifieds on the half mile. Toledo also used to host a 200-lap late model race until its sale to ARCA in 1999.
Toledo is known for the foam blocks that line the race track, different than the concrete walls that line many short tracks throughout America. The crumbling walls can make track cleanup a tedious task for workers.
Toledo, as a track owned by the Automobile Racing Club of America, plays host to an ARCA Menards Series race, the Sioux Chief PowerPEX 200 in early May. The USAC Silver Crown Series also visits the track. A touring super late model series, the ARCA/CRA Super Series, also holds an event at Toledo.
- Buckey, Brian. "The 52: Race car drivers don't pass up Toledo Speedway". The Blade. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- C J Landry (June 16, 2004), Speed's the word at the speedway, The Blade, p. 6927
- Soquet, William (21 May 2019). "ARCA: Hailie Deegan's headlining debut done after 30 laps". LASTCAR. Retrieved 22 May 2019.
- Rowland, Kyle. "Sylvania's Nemire returns to Toledo Speedway for 100-lap open-wheel race". The Blade. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "Ross Mortgage 200 at Toledo Speedway up next for the ARCA/CRA Super Series". CRA Racing. Retrieved 3 June 2019.