|Population||3,191 (2016 census)|
|• Density||1,060/km2 (2,800/sq mi)|
|Postcode(s)||3048 (the same as Meadow Heights)|
|Area||3 km2 (1.2 sq mi)|
|Location||19 km (12 mi) from Melbourne|
|LGA(s)||City of Hume|
Coolaroo is an Aboriginal word for 'star'. The popular 1997 Australian film The Castle was set in Coolaroo, although the house featured was actually located in Strathmore. Coolaroo railway station opened to passengers on Sunday 6 June 2010, almost 40 years after plans for a station first surfaced.
- Coolaroo South Primary School
- St. Mary's Coptic Orthodox College
Most of the shopping centres near Coolaroo are located in neighbouring suburbs, including Meadow Heights which has Centro Meadow Heights and Dallas Shopping Centre, to the south.
- City of Broadmeadows - the former local government area of which Coolaroo was a part
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Coolaroo (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 3 July 2017.
- "More peak hour services for Melbourne's south east". Media Release: Minister for Public Transport. 28 April 2010. Retrieved 28 April 2010.