Upfield railway station
Upfield railway station is the terminus of the suburban electrified Upfield line in Victoria, Australia. It serves the northern Melbourne suburbs of Campbellfield, Dallas, and Coolaroo and opened on 8 October 1889 as North Campbellfield. It closed on 13 July 1903, reopened on 5 March 1928, closed again on 5 May 1956, and reopened again on 17 May 1965 as Upfield.
|Location||Barry Road, Campbellfield|
|Distance||18.86 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 2|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||8 October 1889|
|Closed||5 May 1956|
|Rebuilt||17 May 1965|
The line previously continued to Somerton. Under the PTV Network Development Plan, this line would be reinstated, and will include a flyover over the North East standard gauge line. This will allow Seymour V/Line services to run via Upfield, and eventual electrification of the line to Wallan.
Platforms & servicesEdit
Broadmeadows Bus Service operates two routes via Upfield station:
Dyson's Bus Services operates one route to and from Upfield station:
- 540: to Broadmeadows station
- Upfield Vicsig
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. January 2003. p. 28.
- "Premium Stations". Department of Infrastructure. Archived from the original on 2009-06-28. Retrieved 2013-06-24.
- Andrew Waugh. "VR History by Andrew Waugh - Upfield Line" (PDF). VR History. Retrieved 2015-02-13.
- Network Development Plan – Metropolitan Rail Public Transport Victoria
- Upfield Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 531 Upfield - North Coburg timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 532 Craigieburn - Broadmeadows timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 540 Upfield - Broadmeadows timetable Public Transport Victoria