Kinetic Melbourne is a bus operator in Melbourne, Australia, operating a fleet of 531 buses on 43 bus routes, as well as seven SmartBus routes. It commenced operations on 31 January 2022, taking over all routes previously operated by Transdev Melbourne. It is a subsidiary of the Kinetic Group.
|Commenced operation||31 January 2022|
|Service type||Bus operator|
|Fleet||567 (February 2023)|
In October 2021, the Victorian Department of Transport awarded Kinetic Melbourne a contract to operate the Melbourne Bus Franchise until June 2031. It commenced operations on 31 January 2022.
Kinetic Melbourne took over the operation of 50 routes spanning Melbourne's metropolitan area, which include 3 SmartBus Orbital routes and the Doncaster Area Rapid Transit (DART) routes.
As at February 2023, the fleet consists of 567 buses. Most buses are painted in the Public Transport Victoria livery, except for SmartBus liveried buses that have retained this livery for use on SmartBus routes.
- "Kinetic Melbourne". Australian Bus Fleet Lists (Bus Australia). Archived from the original on 15 March 2023. Retrieved 1 February 2023.
- New bus franchise to jump start zero-emission pledge Department of Transport
- Kinetic wins Victorian Government Contract to run a third of Melbourne's bus network Kinetic Group 5 October 2021
- Melbourne Bus Contract Delivers Volgren Jobs Boost Australasian Bus & Coach 17 November 2021
- "Kinetic expands Melbourne operation with additional government-contracted bus routes". Kinetic. 15 August 2023. Retrieved 10 September 2023.
- About Archived 29 January 2022 at the Wayback Machine Kinetic Melbourne