Connor Patrick Ronan (born 6 March 1998) is a professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Portsmouth on loan from Wolverhampton Wanderers. He was born in England, but represents Republic of Ireland at international youth level.
|Full name||Connor Patrick Ronan|
|Date of birth||6 March 1998|
|Place of birth||Rochdale, England|
(on loan from Wolverhampton Wanderers)
|2018–||→ Portsmouth (loan)||14||(0)|
|2015||Republic of Ireland U17||5||(1)|
|2015–2017||Republic of Ireland U19||8||(1)|
|2017–||Republic of Ireland U21||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:11, 17 April 2018
Ronan started his career by Copperpot J.F.C. and attended St Cuthbert's RC High School with whom he reached the final of the English National Schools Cup as a year 7 in 2009 with a team that also included Axel Tuanzebe, Kisimba Kisimba and Johny Diba, who all went on to become pros. Then joined Rochdale, his boyhood club in which he stayed there until he joined Wolverhampton Wanderers at the age of 16. Ronan made three appearances for the team's development squad in the 2016–17 EFL Trophy, scoring a goal in their 4–0 win over EFL League Two team Accrington Stanley. With Paul Lambert as manager, Ronan was part of the first-team squad for the first time on 26 November 2016, as an unused substitute in the 2–0 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday. Ronan made his debut on 17 December 2016, replacing Hélder Costa for the final nine minutes of the team's 2–0 win over Nottingham Forest.
- As of match played 17 April 2018
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Portsmouth (loan)||2017–18||League One||14||0||0||0||0||0||1[b]||0||15||0|
- "Retained List 2016-17" (PDF). English Football League. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- The semi was a more open game and Copperpot stormed to a 2 goal lead through Connor Ronan and Sam Astin to progress.
- "Five Things We Have Learned About Connor Ronan". Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. EFL Digital Limited. 2 February 2015. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Youngsters Make Progress In Cup". Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C. EFL Digital Limited. 8 November 2016. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Wolves 0 Sheffield Wednesday 2 - As it happened". Express & Star. MNA Media. 26 November 2016. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Nottingham Forest 0-2 Wolverhampton Wanderers". BBC Sport. BBC. 17 December 2016. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Nottingham Forest 0 Wolves 2 - Report and pictures". Express & Star. MNA Media. 17 December 2016. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
Lambert did too. He sent on youngster Connor Ronan for his professional debut in place of Costa.
- "Games played by Connor Ronan in 2016/2017". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- "Games played by Connor Ronan in 2017/2018". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 2 September 2017.