for the Jatiya Sangsad
The constituency was created for the first general elections in newly independent Bangladesh, held in 1973.
Ahead of the 2014 general election, the Election Commission expanded the boundaries of the constituency to include all of Comilla Sadar Dakshin Upazila. Previously it had excluded Comilla Dakshin Municipality and the upazila's six northernmost union parishads: Bara Para, Bijoypur, Chouara, Galiara, Purba Jorekaran, and Paschim Jorekaran.
Ahead of the 2018 general election, the Election Commission expanded the boundaries of the constituency by adding Lalmai Upazila, which had been created in 2017 from union parishads of Comilla Sadar Upazila and Laksam Upazila.
Members of ParliamentEdit
Elections in the 2010sEdit
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|Awami League||Mustafa Kamal||138,089||59.7||+21.7|
|BNP||Mobasher Alam Bhuiyan||89,821||38.8||-19.3|
|IAB||Md. Gajiul Haque Mazumder||1,298||0.6||N/A|
|National People's Party||M. Ahidur Rahman||999||0.4||N/A|
|BNP||Abdul Gafur Bhuiyan||629||0.3||N/A|
|Awami League gain from BNP|
|Awami League||Md. Tajul Islam||70,434||38.0||+1.3|
|IJOF||Golam Mostafa Kamal||6,518||3.5||N/A|
|Bangladesh Samajtantrik Dal (Mahbub)||Yasin Mia||148||0.1||N/A|
|BNP gain from Awami League|
Elections in the 1990sEdit
|Awami League||Md. Tajul Islam||49,298||36.7||+3.6|
|Independent||Golam Mostafa Kamal||708||0.5||N/A|
|Zaker Party||Ruhul Amin||482||0.4||N/A|
|NAP (Bhashani)||Mohammad Lokman Hossain||470||0.3||N/A|
|JSD (R)||Monirul Anwar||168||0.1||N/A|
|Awami League gain from BNP|
|Awami League||Khorshed Alam Suruz||33,709||33.1|
|Jamaat-e-Islami||Md. Abdur Rab Patwari||16,151||15.9|
|JP(E)||Habibur Rahman Mazumdar||12,883||12.7|
|Zaker Party||Moktar Ahmed||793||0.8|
|IOJ||A K M Ruhul Amin Chowdhury||591||0.6|
|Workers Party||Shuvas Bhoumik||584||0.6|
|NAP (Muzaffar)||Jinnat Ali||469||0.5|
|BNP gain from [[|N/A]]|
- "Cumilla-10". The Daily Star. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "EC 'gerrymanders' 25 constituencies for pressure of ministers, MPs". Prothom Alo. 1 May 2018. Retrieved 3 August 2018.
- "Constituency Maps of Bangladesh" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "53 constituencies get new boundaries". The Daily Star. 4 July 2013.
- "Delimitation of Constituencies" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "List of 1st Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- "List of 2nd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 3rd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 4th Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- Ahmed, Taib (15 December 2013). "AL closer to majority before voting". New Age. Dhaka. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election - Detail Results". Amar Desh. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Nomination submission List". Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Parliament Election Result of 1991,1996,2001 Bangladesh Election Information and Statistics". Vote Monitor Networks. Archived from the original on 29 December 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2018.