This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Viacom 18 Media is an Indian joint venture operation between Viacom and TV18 based in Mumbai. It was founded in November 2007 and owns various channels of the Viacom group, as well as various consumer products in India.
The Indian Film Company
Viacom 18 Motion Pictures
In January 2010, Viacom 18 went international with the launch of Colors in the United States. The channel is called "Aapka Colors". In July 2010, it got into 50/50 distribution joint venture with Sun Network to form Sun 18. Viacom 18 also launched Nickelodeon Sonic in December 2011, targeting young adults. The company also owns Viacom18 Motion Pictures. On 31 January 2018 TV18 announced its acquisition of Viacom's majority in the joint venture, taking operational control and leaving Viacom with the minority interest.
- "Viacom18 Media Pvt. Ltd". Viacom18.com. Archived from the original on 23 October 2011. Retrieved 27 July 2010.
- "Corporate restructure complete for India's Network18". rapidtvnews.com. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- "Beefing Up The Bouquet". business.outlookindia.com. Retrieved 10 August 2011.
- "Viacom18 launches its new channel 'sonic' in India". India Infoline. 5 December 2011. Retrieved 26 December 2011.
- "TV18 to increase stake to 51% in Viacom18, the JV with Viacom Inc". Viacom18. 31 January 2018. Retrieved 31 January 2018.