Clare Crawley (born March 20, 1981) is an American television personality, best known for her role as the runner-up on the 18th season of ABC's The Bachelor and as the lead of the 16th season of The Bachelorette. She also appeared on seasons 1 and 2 of Bachelor in Paradise, and on Bachelor Winter Games.
|Born||March 20, 1981|
Sacramento, California, U.S.
Crawley was born in Sacramento, California and is the youngest of six sisters. She is of Mexican descent on her mother's side. Her father died from brain cancer in 2004. Clare also completed hairstylist training while growing up in Sacramento, California.
Crawley first appeared as a contestant on Juan Pablo Galavis's season of The Bachelor, where she made it to the final two but was rejected in favor of fellow contestant Nikki Ferrell. During her time on The Bachelor, she and Galavis went out at night to swim in the ocean together, which Galavis later called a mistake as he did not want to set a bad example for his daughter. After Galavis rejected her, Crawley called him out for the inappropriate language he used regarding their time together, which was met with widespread praise by viewers.
Bachelor in Paradise
Bachelor Winter Games
Crawley returned for The Bachelor Winter Games, where she was involved in a love triangle with Christian Rauch and Benoit Beauséjour-Savard. Although Crawley left alone, the reunion special on February 22, 2018, revealed she and Beauséjour-Savard had gotten back together offscreen. Beauséjour-Savard proposed to Crawley on stage, and she accepted. On April 6, 2018, the couple revealed they had broken up. Beauséjour-Savard later returned for season 5 of Bachelor In Paradise.
Crawley was announced as The Bachelorette on March 2, 2020, on Good Morning America. This appearance makes her the oldest Bachelorette in the show's history, taking over from Rachel Lindsay who was 32 on her season.
- Clare Crawley (March 20, 2016). "Celebrating another year in the books today!!". Retrieved March 2, 2020.
Bring it on 35!
- Mathews, Liam (March 2, 2020). "Clare Crawley Revealed as The Bachelorette 2020". TV Guide. Retrieved March 2, 2020.
- "The Bachelor' Hid Clare Crawley's Spanish-Speaking Ability All Season Just to Mess With Us". Bustle. February 26, 2014. Retrieved March 2, 2020.
- Longeretta, Emily (February 23, 2018). "Bachelor's Clare Crawley: 'I never thought I would have a wedding'". Us Weekly. Retrieved March 2, 2020.
- "Lifestyle – Clare Crawley". Retrieved September 11, 2020.
- Baldwin, Kristen. "The Bachelor season finale recap: Bait and Ditch". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved March 2, 2020.
- "Finally, a Bachelor Contestant Exposes the Show's Weird Sex Issues". Slate. February 4, 2020. Retrieved March 2, 2020.
- "What Juan Pablo Galavis Really Said to Clare Crawley on Their Bachelor Finale Helicopter Ride—Sorry, It's Crude!". E! News. March 11, 2014.
- "Clare Crawley Left 'Bachelor in Paradise' & It's For the Best Because She Deserved Better". Bustle. August 27, 2014.
- "'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Clare Walks Away From Rose Ceremony". ABC News. August 11, 2015.
- "Love Olympics: 'Bachelor Winter Games' Favors Those Who Couple Up Quickly". TooFab.com. February 16, 2018.
- Longeretta, Emily (February 22, 2018). "Clare Crawley and Benoit Beausejour-Savard Get Engaged on 'Bachelor Winter Games'". Us Weekly.
- Webber, Stephanie (April 6, 2018). "Bachelor Winter Games' Clare Crawley and Benoit Beausejour-Savard Split, Call Off Engagement". Us Weekly.
- "The New 'Bachelorette' Is Another Throwback Choice: Find Out Who It Is!". Entertainment Tonight. March 2, 2020. Retrieved March 2, 2020.
- "Clare Crawley Becomes The Oldest 'Bachelorette' In Show's History". Huffington Post. March 3, 2020. Retrieved March 4, 2020.
- "What Is Clare Crawley Up To These Days? The 'Bachelor' Star Has Embraced Normal Life". Bustle. September 20, 2016. Retrieved March 2, 2020.
- "De Facto Salon: Clare Crawley". Retrieved March 2, 2020.
- Campbell, Kathy (November 8, 2020). "Dale Moss Calls Clare Crawley a 'Queen' as They Grab Coffee After Engagement". Us Weekly. Retrieved November 8, 2020.
| The Bachelorette