Rebecca Kufrin (born April 3, 1990) is an American publicist and television personality, best known for her role as the winner on the 22nd season of ABC's The Bachelor and the lead of the 14th season of The Bachelorette.
|Alma mater||Minnesota State University, Mankato|
|Partner(s)||Garrett Yrigoyen (2018-20)|
Early life and educationEdit
Kufrin was born in Benson, Minnesota, and raised in Prior Lake, Minnesota, the daughter of Jill and Steve Kufrin. She has an older sister named Emily. Kufrin graduated from Prior Lake High School in 2008, and obtained her Bachelor of Science degree in Mass Communications from Minnesota State University, Mankato in 2012. Her father died of brain cancer when Kufrin was 19 years old and her mother is a breast cancer survivor.
Kufrin was a contestant on Arie Luyendyk Jr.'s season of The Bachelor. After making it to the final 3, her ex-boyfriend Ross Jirgl showed up in Peru and proposed; Kufrin declined. She was initially chosen by Luyendyk as the winner and accepted his proposal at the end of the season. However, Luyendyk dumped Kufrin for the runner-up Lauren Burnham before the season finished airing. The break-up was filmed and the raw, unedited footage was shown on the first night of the two-night finale, a first for The Bachelor.
After Luyendyk ended his engagement with Kufrin on air, Minnesota State Representative Drew Christensen proposed legislation to ban Luyendyk from the state of Minnesota. Additionally fans raised over $6,000 for Kufrin through the Venmo app, which Kufrin in turn donated to Stand Up to Cancer. Her donation was matched by ABC and later matched again by Katie Couric. The Bachelor season 20 lead, Ben Higgins, also pledged to donate the profits from each bag of coffee sold from his company for a 24-hour period. The day after the breakup aired, 12 billboards went up in Kufrin's hometown of Minneapolis, Minnesota, as well as 4 in Los Angeles and 1 in Times Square, all showing their support for Kufrin and disgust at Luyendyk's actions. During the March 10, 2018 episode of Saturday Night Live, Cecily Strong portrayed Kufrin in the cold-open, parodying the break-up.
Kufrin was announced as the Bachelorette on March 6, 2018, on ABC's After the Final Rose special. The season premiered on May 25, 2018. In the end, Kufrin chose Garrett Yrigoyen over runner-up Blake Horstmann. During the finale, she and Yrigoyen were given a minivan from ABC as a gift. The couple were engaged and moved to Carlsbad, California, where they lived with their adopted corgi, Minno. On September 1, 2020, Kufrin and Yrigoyen announced the end of their engagement.
Bachelor in ParadiseEdit
- "'The Bachelorette': Becca Kufrin Makes Her Final Pick -- Find Out Who Won". Yahoo!. August 6, 2018.
- "Rebecca 'Becca' Kufrin". RealityTVWorld.com. Archived from the original on May 3, 2018. Retrieved May 22, 2018.
- Corinthios, Aurelie; Nahas, Aili (March 6, 2018). "And the Next Bachelorette Is..." People. Retrieved March 6, 2018.
- Lovece, Frank (May 27, 2018). "'Bachelorette' Becca: Starring on show gave me perspective on Arie". Newsday. New York City / Long Island. Archived from the original on May 28, 2018. Retrieved May 28, 2018.
- Barbour, Shannon (March 12, 2018). "Everything You Should Know About New 'Bachelorette' Becca Kufrin". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved March 13, 2018.
- O'Keeffe, Jack. "Who Is Becca K.'s Mom Jill Kufrin? 'The Bachelor' Star Shares A Close Bond With Her Mother". Bustle. Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- Denninger, Lindsay. "Becca K.'s Dad Passed Away, But 'The Bachelor' Star's Father Left A Wonderful Legacy Behind". Bustle. Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- "Everything We Know About MN Bacchelor Contestant Becca K." St. Cloud, Minnesota: KMXK-FM. Archived from the original on March 8, 2018. Retrieved March 6, 2018.
- Dobin, Marenah. "Who Is The Bachelor's Becca Kufrin A Publicist For? This Contestant Is A Serious Media Power Player". Bustle. Retrieved March 11, 2018.
- Romero, Ariana (February 27, 2018). "How Did The Bachelor's Ex-Boyfriend Twist Not Feel Dangerous?". Refinery29. Retrieved March 11, 2018.
- Nahas, Aili (March 5, 2018). "The Bachelor's Becca Kufrin Breaks Her Silence After Arie Luyendyk Jr. Ends Their Engagement". People. Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- Carmonica, Jon (March 7, 2018). "The Endless and Painful 'Most Dramatic Finale Ever' of 'The Bachelor'". The New York Times. Retrieved March 12, 2018.
- Drysdale, Jennifer (March 5, 2018). "'The Bachelor': Becca Kufrin Reacts to Watching Shocking Unedited Breakup: 'It's Brutal'". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved March 11, 2018.
- Walsh, Paul (March 8, 2018). "Minnesota rep drafts bill to ban 'The Bachelor's' Arie from the state". Retrieved March 11, 2018.
- Corinthios, Aurelie (March 8, 2018). "Minnesota Politician Drafts Bill to Ban Bachelor Arie Luyendyk Jr. from Becca's Home State". People. Retrieved March 11, 2018.
- Calderone, Ana; Fecteau, Jessica (March 6, 2018). "People Are Sending The Bachelor's Becca Kufrin 'Beer Money' to Help Her Heartbreak After Shocking Finale". People. Retrieved March 11, 2018.
- Vulpo, Mike (March 6, 2018). "The Bachelor's Becca Kufrin Donating Her $6,000 Venmo Donations to Stand Up to Cancer". E! News. Retrieved March 12, 2018.
- Schmidt, Mackenzie (March 6, 2018). "Bachelor Nation Fans Buy Hilarious Anti-Arie Billboards That Say What Viewers Are Thinking". People. Retrieved March 12, 2018.
- Bueno, Antoinette (March 7, 2018). "Becca Kufrin Gets 17 Billboards of Support Across the Country After She Gets Dumped on 'Bachelor' Finale". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved March 11, 2018.
- Seemayer, Zach (March 10, 2018). "'SNL': Becca Kufrin Gets Her Heart Broken By Robert Mueller in 'Bachelor' Season Finale Parody". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved March 12, 2018.
- Baldwin, Kristen (March 6, 2018). "And the new star of The Bachelorette is..." Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved March 14, 2018.
- "Bachelorette Becca Kufrin on Her Future with Garrett Yrigoyen: 'It's Going to Be a Good Life!'". People. August 6, 2018.
- "Becca Kufrin and Garrett Yrigoyen Are Given a Mini Van—a Nod to His Bachelorette Entrance". People. August 6, 2018.
- Merrett, Robyn (September 1, 2020). "Bachelorette Becca Kufrin Confirms Split from Garrett Yrigoyen After 2 Years Together". People. Retrieved September 1, 2020.
- "Bachelor in Paradise: When Becca Kufrin Shows Up, Ex Colton Underwood Decides 'I Can't Be Here". People. August 13, 2018.
| The Bachelorette