This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lorenzo Borghese (Italian: Don Lorenzo dei Principi Borghes; born June 9, 1972) is an Italian-American businessman, television personality, and member of the Borghese family. Besides being a cosmetics entrepreneur and animal advocate, Borghese was a bachelor on the ninth season of ABC's The Bachelor.
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, television personality|
|Parent(s)||Francesco Marco Luigi Costanzo Borghese and Amanda Leigh|
He is the son of Prince Francesco Marco Luigi Costanzo Borghese (born 1938) and his American wife, Amanda Leigh, daughter of Douglas Leigh. Borghese's paternal grandmother was Princess Marcella Borghese, who founded the Borghese cosmetics line in 1958.
Early life and educationEdit
Borghese was born on June 9, 1972, in Milan, Italy. Borghese's parents, Francesco and Amanda Borghese, have lived in Short Hills, New Jersey since 1979. He holds dual U.S./Italian citizenship. Raised in Short Hills, he attended elementary school there. He then graduated from Pomfret School in Pomfret, Connecticut, in 1991. In 1995, he graduated from Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida, where he was initiated into the Phi Delta Theta fraternity.
Business and philanthropyEdit
Borghese resides in New York City. He initiated the Royal Treatment line of products, a bath, body and skin care line for pets, using organic ingredients and fragrance oils from Italy, which can be found in hundreds of stores nationwide and on the television station HSN. He is a managing partner in LB2, LLC, a private-label Italian cosmetics company that sells numerous brands to major department stores and direct retail outlets. In 2014, he launched Rumgolf,
He has been honored with numerous awards for his animal advocacy work, including the Animal Advocacy Award presented to him in 2014 by Bideawee and the Pet Hero Humanitarian Award presented to him by the Pet Philanthropy Circle. Lorenzo was a bachelor contestant in an animal rescue fundraiser called Barks, Babes, and Brews in 2015 hosted by Salty Dog Paddle.
In the summer of 2009, Borghese announced he would be searching for his "princess" on a web reality show titled America's Next Princess. The show was to coincide with the launch of Royal Pet Club, an online shopping destination for his Royal Treatment pet products. However, when the show debuted online on August 17, 2009, the series was actually revealed to be a spoof of celebrities and reality TV shows.
Although he is often given the title of Prince, the title is actually his father's who is currently the 17th Prince of Sant'Angelo and San Polo. Proper addresso reference to his if he is successor to the title is 'nobile dei principi di.."
- "Why European Royalty and Aristocrats are flocking to New York".
- The Bachelor Less Italian and Princey Than Originally Thought, Us Weekly, October 3, 2006. Accessed July 26, 2014.
- Pomfret School Archived October 5, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Fordham University Archived 2013-10-04 at the Wayback Machine[not in citation given]
- Royal Pet Club - Our heritage
- "Marcella Borghese; Princess, 90, Began a Line of Cosmetics". The New York Times: 21. February 8, 2002.
- "Date a hottie, have some drinks, save a dog!". palmbeachpost. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
- "Another Breakup for The Bachelor's Lorenzo Borghese". Buddytv.com. 2007-03-07. Retrieved 2012-09-21.
- "Organic Dog Shampoo | Natural Dog Shampoo | Pet Supplies for Dogs". Royalpetclub.com. Retrieved 2012-09-21.
- Prince Lorenzo Borghese Searches for his Princess on "America's Next Princess"
- "America's Next Top Dog - The Princess" Reveals Big Twist in New Web Series with a Cast Made up Entirely of Dogs
- "Julie Goodyear, Prince Lorenzo evicted from Celebrity Big Brother" (Sep 5, 2012) Digital Spy
- Italian Titles of Nobility in regalis.com/noble titles