This article does not cite any sources. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Autonomous community||Valencian Community|
|• Mayor||Antonio Ripollés Ortí (2007) (PSOE)|
|• Total||34.9 km2 (13.5 sq mi)|
|Elevation||907 m (2,976 ft)|
|• Density||11/km2 (30/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The municipality is located in a small plateau between Monte Bovalar and the valley of Caldes river. Thanks to its position, the city offers spectacular landscaping views. It is not uncommon to see the flight of vultures, which nest in the environs of the nearby rocks.
- Hermitages of St. Mark (16th century) and St. Peter Martyr (17th century)
- Parish church of St. Peter the Apostle (18th century), in Baroque style
- Torre dels Moros ("Moorish Tower")
- Late-Gothic Town Hall (16th century)
- Palace of St. John (17th century)
- Old Hospital (16th century), housing a permanent collection of fossils and historical daily life tools
The main economic activity, like in other neighbouring localities, is the cattle ranch, in particular pig cattle. In the last few years, due to the growing importance acquired by the interior tourism, there has been an increase of rural lodgings, as a complement to the agrarian activity. Construction and service companies are also growing in importance.
- Municipal Register of Spain 2018. National Statistics Institute.