|Pyongyang Metro Chŏllima Line|
|Rolling stock||BVG Class D, Underground Electric Vehicle No. 1|
|Opened||September 6, 1973|
|Line length||20 km (12 mi)|
|Signalling||Automatic block signaling|
The line has a depot at Sopo, near the Korean State Railway's Sopo station.
The section from Ponghwa station to Puhung station is also referred to as the Mangyongdae Line; nonetheless most sources refer to the metro system as having two lines. There are plans to extend the line from Puhung to Mangyongdae and from Pulgunbyol to Sopo, which already connects to the metro depot, but does not have third rail electrification.
In a 1999 South Korean news broadcast, it stated that the third line was already under construction and scheduled to open for the 55th Party Foundation Day in 2000. It was to run from Kwangbok station to Mangyongdae.
|Stations of the Pyongyang Metro|
|Chŏllima Line 천리마선 (千里馬線)|
|Pulgŭnbyŏl 붉은별||Red Star||Pyongyang Trolleybus Line 1||6 September 1973|
|Jŏnu 전우 (戰友)||Comrade / Comrade-in-arms|| Hyŏksin Line
|Kaesŏn 개선 (凱旋)||Triumphal Return / Triumphant Return||Pyongyang Trolleybus Line 1, 8|
|T'ŏngil 통일 (統一)||Unification / Reunification||Pyongyang Trolleybus Line 1|
|Sŭngni 승리 (勝利)||Victory||Pyongyang Trolleybus Line 1, 5, 6|
|Ponghwa 봉화 (烽火)||Beacon|
|Yŏnggwang 영광 (榮光)||Glory|| P'yŏngyang Station
(P'yŏngbu Line, P'yŏngnam Line,
P'yŏngdŏk Line, P'yŏngra Line, P'yŏngŭi Line)
Pyongyang Tram Line 1
|10 April 1987|
|Puhŭng 부흥 (復興)||Revival||Pyongyang Tram Line 3|
- "The Pyongyang Metro: Statistics". pyongyang-metro.com. January 30, 2016. Archived from the original on January 30, 2016. Retrieved November 19, 2018.
- 平壌地下鉄 千里馬線. 2427junction.com (in Japanese).
- 平壌地下鉄 千里馬線. 2427junction.com (in Japanese). Retrieved July 20, 2020.
- 平壌地下鉄、電力難で不規則運行…金正恩氏自慢の「新型」活躍できず. DailyNK Japan（デイリーNKジャパン） (in Japanese). Retrieved March 12, 2021.
- "地底200米的朝鲜 揭秘40年前的平壤地铁". www.sohu.com. Retrieved October 26, 2021.
- "平壌地下鉄". 2427junction.com. Retrieved October 26, 2021.
- "Метро Пхеньяна — самое загадочное метро в мире - новости строительства и развития подземных сооружений". undergroundexpert.info (in Russian). Retrieved October 26, 2021.
- "평양 지하철 증설공사". KBS 뉴스 (in Korean). Retrieved October 26, 2021.
- Pyongyang review. Foreign Languages Publishing House (North Korea). 1989. pp. 86, 87.
- "Pyongyang Metro stations undergo renovation". www.pyongyangtimes.com.kp. Retrieved March 28, 2021.