Chawri Bazar metro station
Chawri Bazar is an underground station located on the Yellow Line of the Delhi Metro, a rapid transit system serving Delhi and its satellite cities in the National Capital Region of India. It is located in the Chawri Bazaar locality of Old Delhi and was inaugurated on 3 July 2005 as part of the Kashmere Gate – Central Secretariat corridor.
|Delhi Metro station|
|Location||Ajmere Gate Road, Chawri Bazar, Hauz Qazi, Old Delhi, 110006|
|Owned by||Delhi Metro|
Platform-1 → HUDA City Centre|
Platform-2 →Samaypur Badli
|Depth||30 metres (98 ft)|
|Opened||July 3, 2005|
|Electrified||25 kV 50 Hz AC through overhead catenary|
|Passengers (Jan 2015)||939,508 |
30,307 Daily Average 
|Chawri Bazaar, Old Delhi|
Chawri Bazar is the second deepest metro station after Hauz Khas, Magenta Line (Delhi Metro) of the Delhi Metro network and is situated about 30 metres (98 ft) below ground level. It is located close to the monuments of Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India and Red Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Major stations such as Delhi Junction (Old Delhi) and New Delhi Railway Station of the Indian Railways are located close to Chawri Bazar.
|G||Street Level||Exit/ Entrance|
|M||Mezzanine||Fare control, station agent, Ticket/token, shops|
|P||Southbound||Platform 1 → Toward HUDA City Centre|
|Island platform, doors will open on the right|
|Northbound||Platform 2 Toward ← Samaypur Badli|
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2016)
- "Daily Ridership Jan-2015" (PDF). DMRC. Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 January 2017.
- "New Delhi gets its brand new Metro". The Hindu. 2005-07-03. Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- "Delhi Metro goes underground". The Times of India. 2005-07-02. Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- "Metro creating a marvel in Walled City". The Hindu. 2004-01-08. Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- "Technological marvel set to unfold on July 2". The Hindu. 2005-06-29. Retrieved 2010-09-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Delhi Metro.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Delhi.|
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (Official site)
- Delhi Metro Annual Reports
- "Station Information". Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC). Archived from the original on 19 June 2010.
- UrbanRail.Net – descriptions of all metro systems in the world, each with a schematic map showing all stations.
|This article related to the Delhi Metro is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a railway station in the Indian union territory of Delhi is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|