Charlie Barnett (actor)
Charlie Barnett (born February 4, 1988) is an American actor from Sarasota, Florida. He starred as Peter Mills, a firefighter/paramedic on the NBC drama Chicago Fire from 2012 to 2015. Currently, he stars as Alan Zaveri on the Netflix comedy series Russian Doll. He starred as Ben Marshall on the Netflix series Tales of the City. He has a role as Gabe in the Netflix thriller series You.
|Born||February 4, 1988|
|Alma mater||Juilliard School|
|Home town||Sarasota, Florida, U.S.|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
Barnett and his sister were adopted; his adoptive mother is from Utah and is of Swedish descent, while his adoptive father is a boat builder from Minnesota. He was raised on a sailboat in Florida until he was seven. He discovered theatre when he was six years old, and performed in many operas and musicals. Barnett is a graduate from Booker High School. He participated in the Carnegie Mellon Musical Theater Summer Program.
Barnett is a graduate of the Juilliard School drama program, class of 2010. He enjoys sailing, playing Ms. Pac-Man, and classic cars. While pursuing his career, Barnett has lived in New York City, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, and Chicago. During filming for Chicago Fire, Barnett lived with co-stars Joe Minoso and Yuri Sardarov. He is a White Sox and Chicago Bears fan.
In 2018, Barnett was cast in the main role of Alan Zaveri on the Netflix comedy series Russian Doll. In the same year, Barnett was cast in the main role of Ben Marshall on the Netflix miniseries, Tales of the City.
In 2019, Barnett was cast in the recurring role of Gabe on the second season of the Netflix thriller You. In July 2019, Barnett joined Arrow as a series regular for its eighth and final season, portraying John Diggle, Jr.
Barnett is gay, and came out at 13.
|2006||Circus Island||Billy Robarts|
|2011||Private Romeo||Ken Lee / Prince Escalus|
|2012||Men in Black 3||Air Force MP #2|
|2013||The Happy Sad||Aaron|
|2010||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Chuck Mills||Episode: "Gray"|
|2011||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Dr. Sam Harris||Episode: "Cadaver"|
|2012–2015||Chicago Fire||Peter Mills||Main cast: 66 episodes/guest star: 4 episodes|
|2016||Secrets and Lies||Patrick Warner||Main cast|
|2017||Orange Is the New Black||Wes Driscoll||Episode: "The Reverse Midas Touch"|
|2017–2018||Valor||Ian Porter||Main cast|
|2019||Russian Doll||Alan Zaveri||Main cast|
|Tales of the City||Ben Marshall||Main cast|
|Arrow||John Diggle, Jr.||Main role (Season 8)|
|You||Gabe||Recurring role (Season 2)|
- "Charlie Barnett - About". NBC. Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- "Exclusive Interview: Chicago Fire's Monica Raymond and Charlie Barnett". WhatItDo. September 25, 2013. Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- Martin, William (October 10, 2013). "Charlie Barnett ('Chicago Fire') interview". Cultbox.
- @_CharlieBarnett (February 15, 2019). "Charlie Barnett" (Tweet). Retrieved February 16, 2019 – via Twitter.
- McHenry, Jackson (February 11, 2019). "Russian Doll's Charlie Barnett on Alan, Oatmeal, and the Bachelorette Party That Changed His Life". Vulture. Retrieved March 26, 2019.
- Martin, Megan (March 26, 2019). "BlackBook Interview: 'Russian Doll' Star Charlie Barnett On Facing Down Demons, the Brilliance of Natasha Lyonne, and Having to Die Over and Over Again". BlackBook. Retrieved March 26, 2019.
- Drake, Elisa. "My Chicago: Chicago Fire's Charlie Barnett". Where. Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- Handelmen, Jay. "Charlie Barnett's Baptism by 'Chicago Fire'". Arts Sarasota. Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- "Private Romeo Movie" (PDF). Private Romeo. Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- Gleberman, Monica. "Charlie Barnett of Chicago Fire: "[Peter Mills] has some challenges ahead"". Cable TV. Archived from the original on March 12, 2014. Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- Ross, Robyn (April 22, 2015). "Chicago Fire Boss Explains Why 51 Had to Say Goodbye to Another One of Its Own". TVguide. Retrieved March 26, 2019.
- Petski, Denise (February 24, 2017). "'Dynasty': CW Reboot Casts Robert Christopher Riley; 'Valor' Adds Charlie Barnett". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 26, 2019.
- Frederick, Brittany (December 17, 2018). "Chicago Fire's Charlie Barnett starring in new Netflix series". OneChicagoCenter. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- Petski, Denise (October 16, 2018). "'Armistead Maupin's Tales Of The City': Paul Gross To Reprise Role In Netflix Revival; Full Cast Set". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 26, 2019.
- Petski, Denise (March 26, 2019). "'You': Charlie Barnett To Recur In Series' Second Season On Netflix". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 26, 2019.
- Petski, Denise (July 20, 2019). "'Arrow': Charlie Barnett Joins Final Season As John Diggle Jr. – Comic-Con". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on July 21, 2019. Retrieved July 21, 2019.
- "Charlie Barnett Brings Black Gay Representation to 'Tales of the City'". www.advocate.com. May 22, 2019. Retrieved May 23, 2019.
- Handelman, Jay. "Charlie Barnett finds 'The Happy Sad' of life in festival film and NBC series". Arts Sarasota. Retrieved April 6, 2014.