City hall, Champigny-sur-Marne
Paris and inner ring départements
|Canton||Champigny-sur-Marne-1 and 2|
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Christian Fautré|
|11.3 km2 (4.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||6,900/km2 (18,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
In 1897 the name of the commune officially became Champigny-sur-Marne (meaning "Champigny upon Marne"), in order to distinguish it from other communes of France also called Champigny.
Champigny-sur-Marne is also served by Champigny station on Paris RER line A. This station, although administratively located on the territory of the neighboring commune of Saint-Maur-des-Fossés, lies immediately across the Marne River from the town center of Champigny-sur-Marne and is thus used by people in Champigny.
- Preschools: Nine for the 9e circonscription and 7 for the 18e circonscription
- Elementary schools: Seven for the 9e circonscription and 6 for the 18e circonscription
- Junior high schools: Collège Willy-Ronis and Collège Paul-Vaillant-Couturier
- Senior high schools: Lycée Louise Michel, Lycée Marx-Dormoy, Lycée Langevin-Wallon, Lycée professionnel Gabriel-Péri
In addition Lycée professionnel et technologique Samuel-de-Champlain is in nearby Chennevières-sur-Marne
- Djamel Belmadi (born 27 March 1976) is a retired Algerian footballer and is the current manager of Algeria National Football Team.
- Jeff Reine-Adélaïde (born 17 January 1998) is a professional footballer, currenty plays as a midfielder for Angers.
- Yan Valery (born 22 February 1999) is a French-Tunisian professional footballer, currently plays as a right-back for Southampton.
- Adrien Regattin, (born 22 August 1991) is a Moroccan professional footballer, currently plays as a midfielder for Akhisar Belediyespor.
Twin towns — Sister citiesEdit
Champigny-sur-Marne is twinned with:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Champigny-sur-Marne.|
- Champigny-sur-Marne official website ‹See Tfd›(in French)
- Champigny Blog ‹See Tfd›(in French)
- Historic D.B.racing cars of Champigny/Marne ‹See Tfd›(in French)
|This Val-de-Marne geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|