A road in town's centre
Cabaiguán municipality (red) within
Sancti Spíritus Province (yellow) and Cuba
|• Total||597 km2 (231 sq mi)|
|Elevation||135 m (443 ft)|
|• Density||112.6/km2 (292/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
It was founded in 1894, and established as a municipality in 1926. The municipality is divided into the consejos populares (i.e. "popular councils") of Cabaiguán and the villages of Neiva, Pedro Barba, Guayos and Santa Lucía.
Cabaiguán is best known for its cigars; and there is a small cigar factory where various brands of international renown are produced. It also has an oil refinery built in 1947 and the Nieves Morejon quarry, where the Provincial Prison is located.
- Guije.com. "Cabaiguán" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2007-10-07.
- Statoids (July 2003). "Municipios of Cuba". Retrieved 2007-10-07.
- Atenas.cu (2004). "2004 Population trends, by Province and Municipality" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2006-07-14. Retrieved 2007-10-07.
- Data referred to the main town, whole municipality counts 67,224 inhabitants
- (in Spanish) Economic development of Cabaiguán
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cabaiguán.|