Briken Calja (born 19 February 1990, Elbasan) is an Albanian weightlifter, and European Champion competing in the 69 kg category until 2018 and 73 kg starting in 2018 after the International Weightlifting Federation reorganized the categories.
|Born||February 19, 1990|
|Height||1.7 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||69 kg (152 lb)|
Calja competed for Albania at the 2012 Summer Olympics, where he finished 9th in his weight class after lifting a total weight of 320kg. In 2013 Calja was suspended for two years for using androsterone.
He competed at the 2016 Summer Olympics in 69kg division where he finished in 5th place after lifting 326kg. In 2018 Calja became European champion in the 2018 European Weightlifting Championships in Bucharest.
- "Briken Calja Bio, Stats, and Results". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 2019-03-10.
- PDF listing of 2018 Group A world championship entrants in 73 kg
- London 2012 Archived 2012-08-01 at the Wayback Machine
- "Sanctioned Athletes / Athlete Support Personnel". International Weightlifting Federation. Retrieved 2019-03-10.
- "Rio 2016". Rio 2016. Archived from the original on 2016-08-26. Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- Oculus News (31 May 2018). "Briken Calja Europe Champion in Weightlifting with 3 gold medals". Retrieved 31 May 2018.
|This biographical article relating to weightlifting in Albania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|