The Brăila Bridge is a road suspension bridge in Romania, under construction over the Danube river, between Brăila, a major city in the east of Romania, and the opposite bank of the river in Tulcea County. It will be the first bridge over the maritime Danube sector, and the fourth bridge over the Romanian section of the river. The bridge will improve road traffic accessibility of the Galați-Brăila area to Constanța and Tulcea, and connections between Moldavia and Dobruja regions.
|Carries||Four lanes of roadway, two combined bicycle path/pedestrian walkways|
|Locale||Between Brăila, Brăila County and Jijila, Tulcea County|
|Official name||Suspended Bridge over the Danube in Brăila Area|
|Total length||2,194.3 m (7,199 ft)|
|Width||31.7 m (104 ft)|
|Height||192 m (630 ft) (towers)|
|Longest span||1,120 m (3,670 ft)|
|Clearance below||38 metres (125 ft) (at maximum high water)|
|Constructed by||Astaldi and IHI Infrastructure Systems|
|Construction end||2022 (planned)|
The project consists of the construction of a suspension bridge of 1,974.30 m (6,477.4 ft) length (with a 1,120 m (3,670 ft) main span, and two side spans of 489.65 m (1,606.5 ft) long on the Brăila bank of the river and 364.65 m (1,196.4 ft) long on the Tulcea bank of the river), two access viaducts of 110 m (360 ft) length on both sides (which will add to the length of the suspended bridge), and a connecting road with a total length of approximately 23 km (14 mi). The entire project is being built by the Astaldi and IHI Infrastructure Systems association, at an estimated cost of € 433 million.
- Podul suspendat peste Dunare de la Braila - un proiect asteptat de peste 20 de ani ‹See Tfd›(in Romanian)
- "Așa va arăta podul peste dunăre" (in Romanian). obiectivbr.ro. 2018-07-20.
- "Începe construcția podului Tulcea - Brăila" (in Romanian). tulceanoastra.ro. 2018-12-20.
- Presentation Memo: Suspended bridge suspended over the Danube in the Brăila area
- Astaldi will build a suspension bridge over the Danube, in the Braila area in Romania
- IHI Group First Order Received for Large Suspension Bridge in Romania
|This article about a bridge in Romania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|