|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Gerben Dijksterhuis (ChristianUnion)|
|• Total||194.52 km2 (75.10 sq mi)|
|• Land||141.57 km2 (54.66 sq mi)|
|• Water||52.95 km2 (20.44 sq mi)|
|Elevation||2 m (7 ft)|
|• Density||161/km2 (420/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The name of the municipality is spelled with a single s; the name of the eponymous village is Borssele, spelled with double s.
- Adrianus Barlandus [1486 in Baarland – 1538) a Dutch historian of merit
- Hans Warren (1921 in Borssele – 2001) a Dutch writer
- Dingenis de Wilde (1885 in Heinkenszand – 1947) a Dutch sports shooter, competed at the 1924 Summer Olympics
- Cees Priem (born 1950 in Ovezande) a retired professional road bicycle racer, competed at the 1972 Summer Olympics
- Jan Raas (born 1952 in Heinkenszand, near Goes) a Dutch former professional cyclist
- Angelique van der Meet (born 1991 in 's-Heer Abtskerke) a Dutch tennis player
- "Samenstelling College van B&W" [Members of the board of mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Borsele. Archived from the original on 11 December 2013. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2020" [Key figures for neighbourhoods 2020]. StatLine (in Dutch). CBS. 24 July 2020. Retrieved 19 September 2020.
- "Postcodetool for 4441AT". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 1 January 2019. Retrieved 1 January 2019.