Bonbeach railway station
|Commuter rail station|
Southbound view from Platform 1 in July 2018
|Location||Nepean Highway, Bonbeach|
|Distance||34.61 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Bicycle facilities||12 unenclosed racks|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 2|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||15 February 1926|
New passenger amenities were added in 2015, including passenger information displays, additional myki readers, a network status board, and an additional shelter at the north end of Platform 1. Safety improvements including additional CCTV cameras, as well as tactile platform edges were also added.
Platforms & servicesEdit
The station is to be reconstructed to remove the adjacent level crossing at Bondi Road, with works commencing in 2019. The new station will consist of an island platform lowered into a trench, with Bondi Road passing overhead. The existing pedestrian level crossing at Golden Avenue will be converted into an overpass, whilst the crossing at Broadway will be eliminated.
- Bonbeach Vicsig
- A Railway Station at Bondi Archived 19 February 2011 at the Wayback Machine City of Kingston
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. January 1977. p. 14.
- Vincent Adams Winter (1990). VR and VicRail:1962-1983. p. 107. ISBN 0-9592069-3-0.
- Urbanalyst. "Victorian Government announces start of $100 million Bayside Rail Improvement Project". Urbanalyst. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- "Bayside Rail Upgrade on Track". Donna For Carrum. Archived from the original on 26 May 2018. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- "Frankston Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- "Bondi Road, Bonbeach | Level Crossing Removal Authority". levelcrossings.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- "What to expect during construction | Level Crossing Removal Authority". Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- Melway map at street-directory.com.au