Björn Frantzén (born 26 January 1977) is a chef and former footballer. Frantzén runs Frantzén, a restaurant that holds three stars in the Michelin Guide, and owns several other restaurants in Stockholm and Asia.
Björn Kent Mikael Frantzén
26 January 1977
|Education||Three years at a restaurant school in Stockholm, one year of military cooking in Boden|
Frantzén was born in Solna, Stockholm, Sweden. He played football for AIK between 1992 and 1996 before starting his career as a chef. At first, Frantzén worked as a chef at Edsbacka krog before going on to work at other restaurants, such as Chez Nico's, Dining Lettonie, Pied a Terre, and L'Arpege.
Frantzén opened Frantzén/Lindeberg in 2008. The restaurant was awarded its first Michelin star in 2009, and its second in 2010. Frantzén/Lindeberg continued to be rated two stars through 2016. Frantzén/Lindeberg was named number 12 of the 50 Best Restaurants Of The Year in The White Guide.
In addition, Frantzén started Catering Frantzén and Gaston. Gaston was one of a few wine bars in Stockholm. Frantzén was also the creator of the project "Exceptional Swedish Quality Food" that strives to lift Swedish raw products to a world-class standard. The project was done in partnership with Visit Sweden, LRF (Lantbrukarnas Riksförbund), Martin and Servera, Swedish Meat, and the Swedish Board of Agriculture.
In 2016 was opened his first international restaurant — Frantzén’s Kitchen in Hong Kong. Summer 2018 he opened the Flying Elk in Hong Kong that was closed by the end of 2019 due to the economic recession. Late 2018, he opened Zén in Singapore which follows his novel "3-floors of eating experience" to be had at Frantzén.
Stockholm's The Flying Elk, Corner Club and Gaston were sold in summer 2019.
Frantzén was married to his long time partner Sara Sandberg in July 2016. Together they have two daughters, Leiah and Stella, who live with them in Stockholm.
In 2014 Frantzén starred in cooking reality-show "Frantzén styr upp" produced by TV3.
In 2015 Sveriges Television released documentary Hunger on Björn Frantzén and Daniel Lindeberg that was shot in 2012.
- Frantzén, Björn; Lindeberg, Daniel; Kallentoft, Mons (2012). Lager, Göran (ed.). Frantzén/Lindeberg (in Swedish). Stockholm: Norstedts förlag. p. 320. ISBN 978-91-1-303404-1.
- Frantzén, Björn; Lindeberg, Daniel; Kallentoft, Mons (2013). Lager, Göran (ed.). World-Class Swedish cooking. New York: Skyhorse Publishing. p. 320. ISBN 978-1620877357.
- Frantzén, Björn (2014). Lager, Göran (ed.). Glöd med Björn Frantzén (in Swedish). Stockholm: Albert Bonniers förlag. p. 159. ISBN 978-9174244168.
- Frantzén, Björn (2016). Lager, Göran (ed.). The Flying Elk: gastropub by Björn Frantzén (in Swedish). Stockholm: Norstedts förlag. p. 283. ISBN 9789113075105.
- Frantzén, Björn; Frantzén, Sara (2017). Lager, Göran (ed.). Björn Frantzén lagar mat för sugna diabetiker och annat folk (in Swedish). Stockholm: Norstedts förlag. p. 155. ISBN 978-91-1-307511-2.
- Frantzén, Björn; Jernmark, Marcus; Benitez, Charles; Kroon, Mattias (2020). Lager, Göran (ed.). Frantzén Cookbook. Stockholm: Norstedts förlag. p. 385.
Frantzén's restaurants have been given the following awards:
- OAD: #1 Restaurant in Europe
- 3 Michelin stars: 2018
- 2 Michelin stars: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- 12th best restaurant in 2013: Restaurant magazine
- Sweden's best restaurant: 2011, 2012, The White Guide
- Sweden's best food in 2010, the White Guide
- Chefs Pub 2013: Restaurant World
- Chef of Chefs 2013: Restaurant World
- Gulddraken Luxury 2013: DN
- AA Gill's Guest Drake in 2013: DN 
- "Frantzén/Lindeberg". viamichelin.com/. Archived from the original on 16 December 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Restaurant Frantzén". theworlds50best.com/. Archived from the original on 22 September 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- Maxwell, Kate (25 June 2013). "In Stockholm's Old Town, the Perfect New Wine Bar". The Daily Traveler. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- Fok, Wilson (27 April 2018). "Exclusive: Björn Frantzén Will Open The Flying Elk In Central This June". Hong Kong Tatler. Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- Liang, Alice. "HK bars and restaurants suffer after turbulent 2019". Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Björn Frantzén säljer sina krogar i Gamla stan". Allt om Stockholm (in Swedish). Retrieved 14 January 2020.
- "Lagers tabberas: Ett sådant kärlekskalas nära Sara och Björn gifte sig". 2016.
- "Swedish Chef Björn Frantzén Takes Over Sweden's Twitter Account". Huffington Post. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- Mariestads Commercial
- Restaurants in Stockholm, Gulddraken | Stockholm Our WayStockholm Our Way Archived 3 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine