Biddinghuizen (Dutch pronunciation: [ˌbɪdɪŋˈɦœyzən]) is a village in the municipality of Dronten in the Netherlands. It is situated in the center of the province of Flevoland, about 13 km north of the city of Harderwijk.
|First settled||10 October 1963|
|Named for||Bidningahusum |
|Elevation||−3 m (−10 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Area code||0321, 0320|
FlevOnice, a 3 km (2 mi) long, outdoor, refrigerated, ice skating track, opened in 2007 in Biddinghuizen and belongs to the longest in the world. A part of it is a standard speed skating rink, connected to the rest. The track was shortened from the original 5 km (3 mi) in 2013.
In 1995, Biddinghuizen hosted the 18th World Scout Jamboree. 28,960 Scouts and staff members from 166 countries and territories participated in this event.
- (in Dutch) Where do the names of the villages and towns in Flevoland come from? Nieuw Land
- (in Dutch) Feiten en cijfers, Municipality of Dronten.
- (in Dutch) Bevolkingskernen in Nederland 2006, Statistics Netherlands. Statistics are for the continuous built-up area.
- (in Dutch) FlevOnice
- "Picture from the air". Archived from the original on 2016-02-14. Retrieved 2016-03-14.
- Profile of Ria Buiten, All-Athletics.com.