Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons
Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons ("Four Seasons Manor", a.k.a. Le Manoir) is a luxury hotel-restaurant in the village of Great Milton near Oxford, in Oxfordshire, England. It is located in an historic manor house near the church that was visited by Oliver Cromwell. which in March 2014 introduced a new brand name, Belmond. At this point the hotel changed its name to Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons.
|Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons|
Le Manoir in September 2006
|Head chef||Raymond Blanc|
|Food type||French cuisine|
|Street address||Great Milton|
The restaurant has two Michelin stars, as well as scoring 9/10 in the Good Food Guide It is capable of serving 260 guests per day It is owned by Belmond and run by the leading French chef Raymond Blanc. The gardens are used to grow fresh food for the restaurant. A helipad is available for clients.
The restaurant kitchen has trained 34 Michelin starred chefs so far, with its basic training programs for its chefs lasting approximately 2.5 years. Each chef spending 6 months on each "section" in the kitchen. Chefs that stay longer than the initial 2.5 years of training then go on to learn the management side of the business.
Chefs trained at Le ManoirEdit
Many notable chefs and restaurateurs were mentored by or worked for Raymond Blanc at Le Manoir, including:
Restaurant critic Jay Rayner visited Le Manoir for the first time in 2013. Whilst he described it as possibly the most expensive restaurant in Britain, he praised the set up including the kitchen garden. Regarding the food, he praised a "pitch-perfect" beetroot terrine, which was served with a horseradish sorbet quenelle. He wondered at the skill involved in creating a dessert of poached meringue and fried apricots inside a globe of nougatine. He said that while he couldn't justify or excuse the expense, the meal was fabulous.
- Fiona Duncan Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, Oxfordshire: hotel review, The Daily Telegraph, 26 September 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 28 March 2014. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- Interview with Raymond Blanc OBE
- Raymond Blanc, Recipes From Le Manoir Aux Quat' Saisons. Little, Brown & Company, 1990. ISBN 978-0-316-90817-7.
- The Restaurant – on BBC Two from Wednesday 29 August 2007: Interview with Raymond Blanc, BBC, 13 August 2007.
- Interview with Raymond Blanc on The Staff Canteen
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 23 February 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- Rayner, Jay (15 September 2013). "Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons: restaurant review". The Observer. Retrieved 16 September 2013.