|Metropolitan city||Naples (NA)|
|• Mayor||Paolino Buono|
|• Total||11.1 km2 (4.3 sq mi)|
(30 November 2015)
|• Density||910/km2 (2,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
80070 and 80077
|Patron saint||St. Rochus|
|Saint day||16 August|
It is after Forio the largest comune in size of the island, although not one of the most populated. Its territory is composed by several small villages: Buonopane, Piedimonte, Fiaiano, Testaccio (no one of this small villages has become a frazione); Testaccio was formerly an independent municipality.
History and main sightsEdit
Main sights include:
- The Pilastri aqueduct (1470)
- Church of St. John the Baptist (15th century), one of the most ancient in the island. It houses a canvas by a Caravaggist.
- Saracen Tower, in the village of Testaccio
- Windmills in Montebarano
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.