|Metropolitan city||Naples (NA)|
|• Mayor||Francesco Del Deo|
|• Total||12.85 km2 (4.96 sq mi)|
|Elevation||16 m (52 ft)|
(1 January 2017)
|• Density||1,400/km2 (3,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Saints Vitus and Leonard|
|Saint day||June 15, November 6|
Its territory includes the town of Panza, the only frazione of Forio and of the island of Ischia. Panza has always been an independent village since the 16th century when a first governmental organization was introduced on the island. In the 1975 the inhabitants of Panza tried to become an independent comune but the referendum, claimed by the inhabitants of Forio, was denied by the Campania's Regional Government.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Media related to Forio at Wikimedia Commons
- Forio travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Official website (in Italian)
|This Campanian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|