Balkan Universities Network
The Balkan Universities Network or Balkan Universities Association (BAUNAS) in its present form was created after the end of the SFR Yugoslavia, the founding of new universities, and the implementation of the Bologna Process in Balkan Universities. The aim of the network is the exchange of know how and experience in research and education, mutual acceptance of certificates, encouragement of professors and students for more mobility between the universities and the use of support programs for student exchange. Besides bilateral meetings, conferences rotating between the member universities take place.
Logo used by the Trakya University Presidency
|Legal status||higher education associations|
|Purpose||Facilitation of higher education sector dialogue in the region of Balkans|
|Headquarters||Rotating among the member universities|
|Balkans and neighboring areas|
The 2010 conference was organized by the Trakya University in Edirne.Rector Enver Duran Trakya University Edirne (Turkey), President; Dean Hilmi Ibar Trakya University Edirne (Turkey), Vice-President; Rector Faruk Čaklovica University of Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina), Member; Rector Dhori Kule University of Tirana (Albania), Member; Rector Ioannis P Gerothanassis, University Ioannina (Greece), Member; Rector Anelia Klissarova, Varna Medical University (Bulgaria), Member.
In addition to the bilateral meetings, conferences of the Balkan universities take place at changing member locations.  The 2018 meeting took place in the University of Tetovo.
In 2016, the Rector of Trakya University Erhan Tabakoglu in Edirne has taken over the general secretariat of the association. Since 2018, Enver Duran has been honorary president and Pericles A. Mitkas president of BAUNAS. The new additional goal is to work more closely with the network of Black Sea Universities Network (BSUN).
Notes and referencesEdit
|a.||^ Kosovo is the subject of a territorial dispute between the Republic of Kosovo and the Republic of Serbia. The Republic of Kosovo unilaterally declared independence on 17 February 2008, but Serbia continues to claim it as part of its own sovereign territory. The two governments began to normalise relations in 2013, as part of the 2013 Brussels Agreement. Kosovo is currently recognized as an independent state by 99 out of the 193 United Nations member states. In total, 112 UN member states recognized Kosovo at some point, of which 13 later withdrew their recognition.|
- Protocole for the Balkan Universities Network
- Balkan Spring Education Conference at Edirne May 2010 Archived 2010-04-30 at the Wayback Machine
- The Objectives of the Balkan Universities Association
- "Бургаски свободен университет". Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- "Университет по хранителни технологии УХТ - гр.Пловдив - University of food technologies UFT - Plovdiv, Bulgaria". Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- "Varna Free University "Chernorizets Hrabar"". www.vfu.bg/en/. Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- "Kolegji ILIRIA". Archived from the original on 18 May 2015. Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- "Universiteti i Prishtinës "Hasan Prishtina"". Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- Tarık TANRIVERDİ. "Bozok Üniversitesi". Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- Kırklareli Üniversitesi Bilgi İşlem Daire Başkanlığı. "KLU - T.C. KIRKLARELİ ÜNİVERSİTESİ". Retrieved 14 May 2015.