This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
AudioCodes Ltd. designs, develops and sells Voice-over-IP (VoIP) and converged VoIP and Data networking products and applications to service providers and enterprises. Its products are used in broadband, mobile, cable, and enterprise networks.
|Traded as||TASE: AUDC NASDAQ: AUDC|
|Industry||VoIP, Telecommunications, Communication systems|
|Shabtai Adlersberg (Chairman) and (CEO)|
|Products||IP telephony, Media gateways, |
|Revenue||US$ 150.04 million (2010)|
|$ 10.44 million (2010)|
|$ 12.13 million (2010)|
Number of employees
CTI Squared Ltd.,
NSC Natural Speech Communication Ltd.
AudioCodes' international headquarters and R&D facilities are located in Israel, with branch offices in United States, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Italy, UK, China, India, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico.
AudioCodes was established in 1993 in Israel and founded by Mr. Shabtai Adlersberg and Mr. Leon Bialik. Adlersberg had previously co-founded DSP Group, a semiconductor company, in 1987. AudioCodes was established based on its low-bit-rate speech compression technology. The company's first achievement was when its speech compression algorithm was selected by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) as a basis for the ITU-T G.723.1 standard.
By 1996 and 1997, AudioCodes has been recognized for its high quality voice over packet chips. Continuing up the “food chain” AudioCodes began building PCI VoIP communication blades. AudioCodes shifted their focus to CompactPCI boards, achieving a transition to a higher capacity enabling the gateway market to take off.
In 1999, AudioCodes was listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange (NASDAQ: AUDC) and the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange. In 2001 AudioCodes released their first media gateway independent platform, based on existing blade and chip technology. The first product was an analog media gateway followed by a family of media gateways combining analog and digital interfaces. AudioCodes then began to develop and sell high density media gateways and media servers.
AudioCodes entered the field of call recording in 2004 when it acquired Ai-Logix. Ai-Logix’s was a leading provider of advanced voice recording technology and integration cards for the call recording and voice/data logging industries. AudioCodes used VoP communications boards by leveraging Ai-Logix’s technology, strategic partnerships and customer base.
Throughout 2005, AudioCodes partnered with a number of companies such as Microsoft, IBM, Texas Instruments, and MailVision and was able to expand its technology reach and partnerships. These additions enabled the company to announce new products in the media gateways series which supported SIP functionality and Voice over IP Applications for Service Providers and Enterprises. Around this time, AudioCodes also announced VoIP Chip for Analog Telephone Adapters. In addition, AudioCodes’ Mediant Gateway achieved outstanding voice quality results at the European telecommunication standards institute event (January 24, 2005).
Broadsoft joined the list of AudioCodes partners in 2006 when the two companies teamed to help Service Providers streamline VoIP service delivery. By 2009 they had launched a strategic initiative to simplify deployments of IP voice networks. Another significant turning point in the relationship between the two companies was in 2014 when BroadSoft and AudioCodes announced that they were collaborating on "One Voice for Hosted Services". The One Voice initiative included BroadSoft's unified communication services and AudioCodes' IP phones, routers, SBCs and gateways serving as a one stop shop for Service Providers that are offering enterprises next generation VoIP services.
As the decade progressed, the company continued to expand its product portfolio with Session Border Controllers (2006), multi-service business gateways/routers (2008) and IP Phones (2011). Throughout this period, AudioCodes also strengthened its ties with Microsoft and in 2008 attained Gold Certified Partner status. In January 2013, AudioCodes came out with a major announcement when it launched “AudioCodes One Voice for Microsoft Lync” that since then changed to "AudioCodes One Voice for Skype for Business" following Microsoft announcement in 2015. The AudioCodes One Voice for Skype for Business is a unified product and service program intended to simplify and accelerate voice-enablement of Microsoft Skype for Business implementations with a complete portfolio of IP Phones, Media Gateways, Enterprise Session Border Controllers (E-SBCs), Survivable Branch Appliances (SBAs), Session Experience Manager (SEM) network management tools, support and professional services. The program supports smooth migration to Microsoft Skype for Business and co-existence with current telephony systems in multi-site and multi-national deployments. Since the announcement, AudioCodes’ partnership with Microsoft intensified and AudioCodes’ products received Skype for Business certification. Audiocodes continuously expanded the number of products included in the One Voice for Skype for Business solution.
AudioCodes began working in the call center telecommunications sector in 2003 with VoiceGenie, which was acquired by Alcatel-Lucent-owned Genesys in 2006. The company deepened its footprint in 2011 when it was named a vendor in the Genesys SIP Select program specifically for the company’s Mediant 1000 and Mediant 2000 gateway products, which provide the interface between the PSTN and Genesys SIP Server. In 2012, AudioCodes E-SBC achieved certification from AT&T for SIP Trunking with Genesys-powered contact centers and full certification for its Enterprise Session Border Controllers.
AudioCodes currently has over 15 million VoP ports deployed in over 100 countries. Its High Availability Platforms (Mediant Media Gateways, Mediant Session Border controllers and IPmedia Media Servers) cover the entire spectrum of low, mid and high-density applications for the Service Provider and large Enterprises.
AudioCodes provides a variety of Unified Communications (UC) solutions branded under “OneVoice” including AudioCodes One Voice for Lync, AudioCodes One Voice for Hosted Services and the One Voice Operations Center. Additionally, the company offers solutions for Enterprise UC and PBX connectivity, Contact Centers and Mobile VoIP.
- Interactive Intelligence Names AudioCodes Infrastructure Partner of the Year (2013)
- "The 10 That Established VoIP" (PDF), ILocus, September 2007[permanent dead link]
- Nicky Blackburn (December 2004), "Success is calling: AudioCodes closes a circle", THE JERUSALEM POST (Online Edition)
- "Shabtai Adlersberg Profile", Forbes.com, retrieved 2010-05-01
- AudioCodes Announces Acquisition of Ai-Logix
- https://web.archive.org/web/20140721134403/http://broadsoft.com/news/2009/audiocodes-and-broadsoft-launch-strategic-initiative-to-simplify-deployments-of-ip-voice-networks/, archived from the original on 2014-07-21 Missing or empty
- http://www.audiocodes.com/press-releases/2008-3-6-gold-certified-microsoft-partner Missing or empty
- https://www.cnbc.com/id/100376754 Missing or empty
- Archived copy, archived from the original on 2016-03-03, retrieved 2014-08-10CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/audiocodes-and-voicegenie-announce-strategic-partnership-and-successful-completion-of-interoperability-testing-70792987.html Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20130612000141/http://www.home.alcatel.com/vpr/vpr.nsf/va_TousByIDPere/II07EA01FBF0B66CA1C12571470047FCA9EngII, archived from the original on 2013-06-12 Missing or empty
- http://www.tmcnet.com/channels/enterprise-sbc/articles/160287-audiocodes-named-genesys-sip-select-call-centers.htm Missing or empty
- http://www.audiocodes.com/history/2012 Missing or empty
- "AudioCodes Announces Agreement to Acquire Netrake Corporation", CompactPCI and AdvancedTCA Systems magazine, July 6, 2006
- "AudioCodes to Buy CTI2", Light Reading, February 1, 2007
- http://callcenterinfo.tmcnet.com/Analysis/articles/340400-interactive-intelligence-names-audiocodes-as-infrastructure-partner-the.htm Missing or empty