A general view of Arnos
|Canton||Artix et Pays de Soubestre|
|• Mayor (2014-2020)||Alain Pédegert|
|5.69 km2 (2.20 sq mi)|
|• Density||20/km2 (51/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||133–232 m (436–761 ft) |
(avg. 155 m or 509 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Arnosiens or Arnosiennes.
Arnos is located some 25 km north-west of Pau and 10 km east of Arthez-de-Béarn. Access to the commune is by road D276 from Castillon in the west passing through the commune and the village and continuing south-east then east to join the D945. There is a large Formula 3 racetrack in the south of the commune run by the Moto Club Pau-Arnos. The commune consists of farmland except for a few small patches of forest.
- Poey (ruins)
In the 16th century, Arnos was an annex of Boumourt.
List of Successive Mayors
(Not all data is known)
Arnos is part of four inter-communal structures:
- the Community of communes of Lacq;
- the Water and sanitation association of Trois Cantons ;
- the Energy association of Pyrénées-Atlantiques ;
- the inter-communal association of Arthez-de-Béarn.
In 2009, the commune had 68 inhabitants. The evolution of the number of inhabitants is known from the population censuses conducted in the commune since 1793. From the 21st century, a census of communes with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants is held every five years, unlike larger towns that have a sample survey every year.[Note 1]
Notes and referencesEdit
- At the beginning of the 21st century, the methods of identification have been modified by Law No. 2002-276 of 27 February 2002 , the so-called "law of local democracy" and, in particular, Title V "census operations" allows, after a transitional period running from 2004 to 2008, the annual publication of the legal population of the different French administrative districts. For communes with a population greater than 10,000 inhabitants, a sample survey is conducted annually; the entire territory of these communes is taken into account at the end of the period of five years. The first "legal population" after 1999 under this new law came into force on 1 January 2009 and was based on the census of 2006.
- "Populations légales 2017". INSEE. Retrieved 6 January 2020.
- Inhabitants of Pyrénées-Atlantiques (in French)
- Google Maps
- SANDRE Notice on Arnos[permanent dead link] (in French)
- Géoportail, IGN (in French)
- Topographic Dictionary of the Department of Basses-Pyrenees, Paul Raymond, Imprimerie nationale, 1863, Digitised from Lyon Public Library 15 June 2011, p. 10 (in French)
- List of Mayors of France (in French)
- Pau-Arnos Racing Circuit website (in French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arnos.|