This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Arjun Suravaram is a 2019 Indian Telugu-language action thriller film written and directed by T. Santhosh, produced by Rajkumar Akella, and presented by B. Madhu. The film features Nikhil Siddharth and Lavanya Tripathi in the lead roles. Sam C. S. composed the film's music, while Navin Nooli handled the editing and Surya handled the cinematography.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||T. Santhosh|
|Produced by||Rajkumar Akella|
|Written by||T. Santhosh|
|Based on||Kanithan (2016)(Tamil)|
|Music by||Sam C. S.|
|Edited by||Navin Nooli|
Movie Dynamix LLP
|29 November 2019|
The film's story takes place in the backdrop of News television channels. The protagonist. Arjun Suravaram (Nikhil Siddharth), is a third generation journalist who takes to the profession despite opposition from his idealistic but now skeptical father (Nagineedu), who feels that the fourth estate has lost its moral compass in the present times and hence his son should stay away from journalism. Arjun nurses a deep desire and dream: to become an investigative journalist with an international TV Channel of repute. However, as feared by his father, the young reporter gets himself trapped in a fake educational loan and certificate scam which he now has to unearth in order to prove his innocence, as well as to help the society at large, to cleanse the system of such evils. Kavya (Lavanya Tripathi) is Arjun’s love interest, an aspiring journalist, and the daughter of the owner (Kedar Shankara) of a TV channel that Arjun works for. Together as they try to unravel the mystery of the scam, they discover that there is a far more sinister network beneath the surface and their life is under grave threat from the evil forces. Will they survive to bring the truth to the fore?
- Nikhil Siddharth as Arjun Lenin Suravaram, TV99 journalist
- Lavanya Tripathi as Kavya
- Tarun Arora as Tura Sarkar
- Vennela Kishore as Lawyer Addala Balaji
- Nagineedu as Arjun's father
- Pragathi as Arjun's mother
- Kedar Shankara as TV99 CEO, Kavya's father
- Posani Krishna Murali as Subba Rao Addala, Balaji's father
- Sathya as Arjun's friend
- Vidyullekha Raman as Maid
- Kishore as Police Officer
- Raja Ravindra as Police Officer
- Vatsan Chakravarthy
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Lahari Music/T-Series Telugu|
|Producer||Sam C. S.|
|Sam C. S. chronology|
|1.||"Kanne Kanne"||Srimani||Anurag Kulkarni, Chinmayi||04:50|
|2.||"Tikamaka Makatika"||Varikuppala Yadagiri||Benny Dayal||04:10|
|3.||"Bang Bang"||Varikuppala Yadagiri||Sam C. S.||03:29|
|4.||"Che Guevara"||Varikuppala Yadagiri||Shankar Mahadevan||04:40|
The movie was released on 29 November 2019.
Deccan Chronicle gave 3 out of 5 stars stating "Arjun Suravaram deserves to be watched. The director should be appreciated taking up a topical issue, that of fake certificates.,.Nikhil Siddharth as the investigative reporter puts in a sincere performance and he is convincing. Vennela Kishore justifies his meaty role as a lawyer. Lavanya Tripathi plays the love interest of Nikhil and she does well. Satya and Vidyu provide a few laughs. Posani as a constable, Nagineedu as Nikhil’s father and Tarun Arora as villain support the lead cast. Raja Ravindra plays a bad cop.Cinematography by Surya is good and the action scenes are choreographed nicely". Sangeetha Devi Dundoo of The Hindu wrote "The film is engrossing when it focuses on its main plot. Nikhil has the knack of choosing interesting stories and effectively portrays the part of a purpose-driven reporter who is vulnerable when the tables turn against him. Lavanya as the aspiring journalist has a role that’s comparatively limited in scope but she does it efficiently and Sahi Suresh’s art direction and Suryaa’s cinematography deserve a mention..". 123telugu.com gave 3.25 stars stating "Arjun Suravaram is an engaging crime thriller with a novel concept. The thrills showcased, breezy narration and Nikhil’s performance are basic assets. Nikhil’s long wait will surely pay dividends for him". Industryhit.com gave 3.25 stars stating "The message along with the thrills with uncompromising production values makes Arjun Suravaram a must-watch big-screen flick". Indiaglitz.com gave 3 out of 5 stars stating "The premise and storyline are exciting.Good performances and some nice technical output help.  The Hans India gave 3 out of 5 stars stating "BGM and Nikhil are the highlights of the film, 'Arjun Suravaram' is a one-time watch film". Arjun Suravaram has got extremely good user ratings on BookMyShow with over 46,000 likes with an 81% rating.
- "Arjun Suravaram". Book My Show. Retrieved 29 November 2019.
- "First Look of Nikhil-T Santhosh movie gets a date". IndiaGlitz. 30 May 2018. Retrieved 30 November 2019.
- "Lucky to be part of Arjun Suravaram, says Lavanya". Telangana Today. 23 November 2019. Retrieved 30 November 2019.
- "ARJUN SURAVARAM: THE TELUGU REMAKE OF KANITHAN IS HERE". Book My Show. 28 November 2019. Retrieved 30 November 2019.
- "'Arjun Suravaram' finally has a release date!". Times of India. 26 October 2019. Retrieved 29 November 2019.
- "'Arjun Suravaram' movie review: A reasonably engaging thriller". The Hindu. 29 November 2019. Retrieved 29 November 2019.
- "Nikhil Siddharth's Arjun Suravaram Movie Review & Rating". The Hans India. 29 November 2019. Retrieved 29 November 2019.