Sam C. S.
Sam C. S. is an Indian film music composer, producer, songwriter, lyricist, and singer who predominantly works in the Tamil and Malayalam film industries. He debuted in Tamil with the horror film Orr Eravuu before working on the scientific thriller Ambuli. His most notable films include Puriyatha Puthir, Vikram Vedha, Odiyan, and Kaithi.
Sam C. S.
|Origin||Theni, Tamil Nadu, India|
Sam was born in Theni in Tamil Nadu, India. A music enthusiast from his early childhood days, he was actively involved in music and participated in opportunity. He did his schooling in St. Aloysius Higher Secondary School, Royappan Patti, Theni. He holds a degree in MCA and MBA from St. Joseph's College, Tiruchirappalli. He worked for a software company after his graduation.
Sam's passion and drive to make music led him to quit his job and work for other music composers on background score and programming for movies. His talent was soon discovered by movie houses, following which he got an opportunity to compose music for a musical thriller named Mellisai, later renamed as Puriyatha Puthir.
During this time span, he composed music for a lot of jingles, which led him to meet the director duo Pushkar-Gayathri, who offered him the opportunity to score music for Vikram Vedha. The film's album and OST's went onto become chart busters, earning him a solid name in the Tamil cinema industry.
As a composer
|Year||Tamil||Other Language(s)||Dubbed releases||Notes|
|Vikram Vedha (2018) (Hindi)|
|Puriyatha Puthir||Soundtrack released under the name Mellisai|
|2018||6 Athiyayam||One song; promotional|
|Diya||Kanam (Telugu)||Tamil Soundtrack released under the name Karu|
|Iravukku Aayiram Kangal|
|Odiyan (Malayalam)||Background Score only|
|2019||Ispade Rajavum Idhaya Raniyum|
|Devi 2||Abhinetri 2|
|Arjun Suravaram (Telugu)|
|Upcoming||Rocketry: Nambi Vilaivu||Rocketry: The Nambi Effect (Hindi and English)|
|Two Stroke (Malayalam)|
|Soorpanakai||Nene Naa (Telugu)|
|Kadavul Sakaayam Nadana Sabha (Malayalam)|
As a singer
|2010||Orr Eravuu||Ucchi Malayil|
|2017||Vikram Vedha||Karuppu Vellai|
|Oru Katha Sollatta|
|2018||Iravukku Aayiram Kangal||Yea Pa Yeppappa|
|Nights of Neverland|
|Winds of the Darkest Hour|
|Mr. Chandramouli Theme|
|Kadikara Manithargal||Theera Oru|
|Adanga Maru||Aangu Vaangu|
|Devi 2||Love, Love Me|
|Abhinetri 2||Love, Love Me|
|Kaithi||The Hot Biriyani|
|Eternal Love of Father|
|Night is Dark|
|Arjun Suravaram||Bang Bang|
As a lyricist
|Vikram Vedha||Pogatha Yennavittu|
|2018||Iravukku Aayiram Kangal||Uyir Uruvaatha|
|Yea Pa Yeppappa|
|Yaen Penne Neeyum|
|Ispade Rajavum Idhaya Raniyum||Kannamma|
- 2017: Vikram Vedha (Best Upcoming Music Director)
Hello FM Awards
- 2017: Vikram Vedha (Best Music Director)
Ananda Vikatan Cinema Awards
- 2017: Vikram Vedha (Promising Music Director)
- 2017: Vikram Vedha (Best Background Score)
- "Director Vijay's film with Prabhudheva could be Tamil remake of 'Charlie'". 23 September 2017.
- "Adanga Maru: Jayam Ravi announces title of his next film, will go on floors on 14 December- Entertainment News, Firstpost".
- "New trailer of Vijay Sethupathy's Puriyatha Puthir is out! Watch it here". 22 August 2017.
- "Puriyatha Puthir: Five reasons to watch this Vijay Sethupathi film - Times of India".
- "Madhavan at Vikram Vedha success meet: 'I've consumed 240 reviews since the film's release'- Entertainment News, Firstpost".