Ardrossan Harbour railway station
Ardrossan Harbour railway station is one of three remaining railway stations in the town of Ardrossan, North Ayrshire, Scotland. The station is managed by Abellio ScotRail and is owned by Network Rail. It's on the Ayrshire Coast Line, 32.5 miles (52.3 km) south west of Glasgow Central. The station is an interchange for Caledonian MacBrayne ferry sailings to Brodick on the Isle of Arran.
|Scottish Gaelic: Caladh Àird Rosain|
|Local authority||North Ayrshire|
|Managed by||Abellio ScotRail|
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections|
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Passenger Transport Executive|
|19 January 1987||Opened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
The station was originally opened on 19 January 1987 to replace the closed Ardrossan Winton Pier railway station. Ardrossan Harbour station is slightly further inland (approximately 220 yards/200 metres to the east) than its predecessor and is sited at the end of a 1 mile (1.6 km) long branch line from Ardrossan South Beach.
The station is unstaffed and consists of a single platform and shelter, a short walk from the "CalMac" terminal building.
From the opening of the station, services generally only ran to connect with the CalMac sailings to Brodick. 2018: There is an hourly service for most of the day to/from Glasgow Central with a few extras during peak hours, A limited service of 5 departures and 4 arrivals operates on Sundays. There is no late evening service after 2200 with the last services terminating at the nearby Ardrossan Town.
Prior to May 2009, Only 5 trains per day operated to/from the station to connect with the ferry to Brodick, All other trains terminated at the nearby Ardrossan Town.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Ayrshire Coast Line
A ferry, operated by Caledonian MacBrayne, sails from Ardrossan Harbour to Brodick. In Summer 2013 a service to Campbeltown was provided on Thursday and Friday evenings, returning on Friday and Saturday mornings, with a return trip on Sundays.
- Brailsford 2017, Gaelic/English Station Index.
- Butt, page 18
- "Ardrossan Winton Pier railway station (site), Ayrshire" Thompson, N geograph.org; Retrieved
- Brailsford, Martyn, ed. (December 2017) . Railway Track Diagrams 1: Scotland & Isle of Man (6th ed.). Frome: Trackmaps. ISBN 978-0-9549866-9-8.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.
|Railway Stations in Ardrossan|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ardrossan Harbour railway station.|