Anybody Here Seen Kelly?
Anybody Here Seen Kelly? is a 1928 American silent comedy film directed by William Wyler. This was the first non-Western film to be directed by Wyler and is now considered to be a lost film. This is Bessie Love's final silent film. It was produced by Universal Pictures.
|Anybody Here Seen Kelly?|
|Directed by||William Wyler|
|Produced by||Richard Wyler|
|Written by||Leigh Jason (story)|
Walter Anthony (titles)
Albert DeMond (titles)
John B. Clymer
|Cinematography||Charles J. Stumar|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
Location scenes were filmed in New York City.
The title of the film originates from the 1908 British music hall standard "Has Anybody Here Seen Kelly?" by C. W. Murphy and Will Letters. The song was popularized in the United States by singer Nora Bayes who sang it in the first ever Ziegfeld Follies.
While serving in the American Army during World War I, Pat Kelly (Moore), a womanizing soldier tells all the girls he romances to come and visit him in New York City after the war. Never expecting any of them to take him up on it, he gives his address as the Metropolitan Museum of Art. However, one determined French girl, Mitzi Lavelle (Love), comes to America looking for him. Walking through the streets of New York, she eventually finds him working as a traffic police officer.
- Love, Bessie (1977). From Hollywood with Love: An Autobiography of Bessie Love. London: Elm Tree Books. p. 153. OCLC 734075937.
- Madsen, Axel (1973). William Wyler: the Authorized Biography. New York: Crowell. pp. 59–60. ISBN 0-690-00083-9.
- Andersen, Arne. "Anybody Here Seen Kelly?". Lost Film Files for Universal Studios 1928.
- Bennett, Carl (August 19, 2009). "Progressive Silent Film List: Anybody Here Seen Kelly?". Silent Era.
- Munden, Kenneth W., ed. (1971). The American Film Institute Catalog of Motion Pictures Produced in the United States: Feature Films 1921–1930. New York: R.R. Bowker Company. pp. 21–22. OCLC 664500075.
- Anybody Here Seen Kelly? at IMDb
- Anybody Here Seen Kelly? at AllMovie
- Anybody Here Seen Kelly? at the American Film Institute Catalog
- Anybody Here Seen Kelly? at the TCM Movie Database