Anupama Parameswaran is an Indian film actress who predominantly appears in Telugu and Malayalam films. She is best known for her debut role as Mary George in the Malayalam film Premam (2015). Later she appeared in Telugu films such as Sathamanam Bhavati (2017) and Vunnadhi Okate Zindagi (2017). Her Kannada debut was Natasarvabhouma with Puneeth Rajkumar.
|Alma mater||CMS College Kottayam|
|Years active||2015 - present|
Early life and educationEdit
Anupama debuted with Premam alongside Nivin Pauly, which was a commercial success. She then had a cameo in James & Alice, a Malayalam movie. Later she forayed into Telugu films with a handful of projects including A Aa, where she played a lead role along with Nithiin and Samantha Ruth Prabhu. She then was in the Telugu remake of Premam. Her next film was Kodi, her debut in Tamil cinema, in which she had the lead role opposite Dhanush. She also acted alongside Sharwanand in the Telugu movie Shatamanam Bhavati which was released in January 2017, followed by Jomonte Suvisheshangal in Malayalam alongside Dulquer Salmaan released in the same month. After Vunnadhi Okate Zindagi opposite Ram Pothineni, she worked on Merlapaka Gandhi's Krishnarjuna Yudham opposite Nani and A. Karunakaran's Tej I Love You opposite Sai Dharam Tej. She was again paired alongside Ram Pothineni in Hello Guru Prema Kosame. Anupama debuted with Natasarvabouma in sandalwood alongside power star Puneeth Rajkumar.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2015||Premam||Mary George||Alphonse Puthren||Malayalam||Malayalam debut|
|2016||James & Alice||Isabel / Pinky||Sujith Vaassudev||Cameo|
|A Aa||Nagavalli||Trivikram Srinivas||Telugu||Telugu debut|
|Kodi||Malathi||R. S. Senthil Kumar||Tamil||Tamil debut|
|2017||Sathamanam Bhavati||Nithya||Satish Vegesna||Telugu|
|Jomonte Suvisheshangal||Catherine||Sathyan Anthikad||Malayalam|
|Vunnadhi Okate Zindagi||Maha||Kishore Tirumala||Telugu|
|2018||Krishnarjuna Yudham||Subbalakshmi||Merlapaka Gandhi|
|Tej I Love You||Nandini||A. Karunakaran|
|Hello Guru Prema Kosame||Anupama||Trinadha Rao Nakkina|
|2019||Natasaarvabhowma||Shruthi||Pavan Wadeyar||Kannada||Kannada debut|
|Maniyarayile Ashokan||TBA||Shamsu Zayba||Malayalam||also assistant director|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2016||11th Ramu Karyat Awards||Most Popular Actress||Premam||Malayalam||Won|
|Asianet Film Awards||Best Female Debut||Nominated|
|2017||Apsara Awards||A Aa||Telugu||Won|
|IIFA Utsavam||Best Supporting Actress||Kodi||Tamil||Nominated|
|Filmfare Award||A Aa||Nominated|
|SIIMA Awards||A Aa||Telugu|
- "' I won't do anything out of my comfort zone'". Times of India. 10 October 2015. Archived from the original on 13 October 2015. Retrieved 10 September 2017.
- "Premam fever in Tamil Nadu: Movie completes 224 days; Nivin Pauly watches film with Chennai fans". International Business Times. India. 8 January 2016. Archived from the original on 11 January 2016. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Unstoppable 'Premam' extends its run in Chennai". Manorama Online. 13 January 2016. Archived from the original on 15 January 2016.
- "Trivikram-Nithiin-Samantha's Film Titled 'A.. Aa': 'Premam' Star Anupama to Play 2nd Heroine". International Business Times. India. 10 September 2015. Archived from the original on 13 September 2015.
- "'Premam' heroine Anupama Parameshwaran signs another Telugu film". Daily News and Analysis. India: Diligent Media Corporation. 18 March 2016. Archived from the original on 20 March 2016.
- "First look of Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of 'Premam'". Daily News and Analysis. India: Diligent Media Corporation. 19 February 2016. Archived from the original on 21 February 2016.
- "Anupama in a naadan avatar in Premam remake". The Times of India. 11 December 2015. Archived from the original on 19 December 2015.
- "Anupama Parameswaran replaces Shamlee in Dhanush's 'Kodi'". The Indian Express. 13 February 2016. Archived from the original on 14 February 2016.
- "Shaamlee out, Anupama bags role in Dhanush's Kodi". Deccan Chronicle. 13 February 2016. Archived from the original on 13 February 2016.
- "'Tej I Love You' star Anupama talks about Sai Dharam and Trivikram". Times of India. India. 2 July 2018.
- "It is 'Vunnadi Okate Zindagi' for Ram Pothineni!". The Times of India. India. 30 July 2017. Archived from the original on 10 August 2017. Retrieved 30 July 2017.
- "Anupama Parameswaran turns assistant director". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 9 June 2019.