Anupama Parameswaran is an Indian film actress who predominantly appears in Telugu and Malayalam language films. She is best known for her debut role as Mary George in the Malayalam-Tamil film Premam (2015). She played lead roles in Telugu films such as Sathamanam Bhavati (2017) and Vunnadhi Okate Zindagi (2017).
Parameswaran during a photoshoot
|Alma mater||CMS College Kottayam|
|Years active||2015 – present|
Early life and education
Anupama debuted with Premam alongside Nivin Pauly, which was a commercial success. She then had a cameo in James & Alice, a Malayalam film. Later she forayed into Telugu films with a handful of projects including A Aa, where she played a lead role along with Nithiin and Samantha Ruth Prabhu. She then was in the Telugu remake of Premam. Her next film was Kodi, her debut in Tamil cinema, in which she had the lead role opposite Dhanush. She also acted alongside Sharwanand in the Telugu film Shatamanam Bhavati which was released in January 2017, followed by Jomonte Suvisheshangal in Malayalam alongside Dulquer Salmaan released in the same month. After Vunnadhi Okate Zindagi opposite Ram Pothineni, she worked on Merlapaka Gandhi's Krishnarjuna Yudham opposite Nani and A. Karunakaran's Tej I Love You opposite Sai Dharam Tej. She was again paired alongside Ram Pothineni in Hello Guru Prema Kosame. Anupama debuted with Natasaarvabhowma in Kannada cinema alongside Puneeth Rajkumar.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2015||Premam||Mary George||Malayalam||Malayalam debut|
|2016||James & Alice||Isabel / Pinky||Cameo appearance|
|A Aa||Nagavalli||Telugu||Telugu debut|
|Vunnadhi Okate Zindagi||Maha||Telugu|
|Tej I Love You||Nandini|
|Hello Guru Prema Kosame||Anupama|
|2020||Maniyarayile Ashokan||Shyama||Malayalam||Netflix film, Also Assistant director|
|2021||Freedom @ Midnight||Chandra||Short film|
Awards and nominations
This section needs additional citations for verification. (April 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|2016||Asianet Film Awards||Best New Face of the Year – Female||Premam||Nominated|
|5th South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Female Debut – Malayalam||Nominated|||
|2017||6th South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Supporting Actress – Telugu||Premam||Nominated|||
|2nd IIFA Utsavam||Won|||
|64th Filmfare Awards South||Best Supporting Actress – Tamil||Kodi||Nominated|||
|Best Supporting Actress – Telugu||A Aa||Nominated|
|Zee Cinemalu Awards||Girl Next Door||Won|||
|Newbie of the Year – Female||Nominated|
|1st Zee Cine Awards Telugu||Entertainer of the Year – Female||Sathamanam Bhavati
Vunnadhi Okate Zindagi
- "' I won't do anything out of my comfort zone'". Times of India. 10 October 2015. Archived from the original on 13 October 2015. Retrieved 10 September 2017.
- "Premam fever in Tamil Nadu: Movie completes 224 days; Nivin Pauly watches film with Chennai fans". International Business Times. India. 8 January 2016. Archived from the original on 11 January 2016. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Unstoppable 'Premam' extends its run in Chennai". Manorama Online. 13 January 2016. Archived from the original on 15 January 2016.
- "Trivikram-Nithiin-Samantha's Film Titled 'A.. Aa': 'Premam' Star Anupama to Play 2nd Heroine". International Business Times. India. 10 September 2015. Archived from the original on 13 September 2015.
- "'Premam' heroine Anupama Parameshwaran signs another Telugu film". Daily News and Analysis. India: Diligent Media Corporation. 18 March 2016. Archived from the original on 20 March 2016.
- "First look of Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of 'Premam'". Daily News and Analysis. India: Diligent Media Corporation. 19 February 2016. Archived from the original on 21 February 2016.
- "Anupama in a naadan avatar in Premam remake". The Times of India. 11 December 2015. Archived from the original on 19 December 2015.
- "Anupama Parameswaran replaces Shamlee in Dhanush's 'Kodi'". The Indian Express. 13 February 2016. Archived from the original on 14 February 2016.
- "Shaamlee out, Anupama bags role in Dhanush's Kodi". Deccan Chronicle. 13 February 2016. Archived from the original on 13 February 2016.
- "'Tej I Love You' star Anupama talks about Sai Dharam and Trivikram". Times of India. India. 2 July 2018.
- "It is 'Vunnadi Okate Zindagi' for Ram Pothineni!". The Times of India. India. 30 July 2017. Archived from the original on 10 August 2017. Retrieved 30 July 2017.
- "Gregory and Anupama Parameswaran in 'Maniyarayile Ashokan'". Sify. 2 January 2020. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "Anupama Parameswaran turns assistant director". The New Indian Express. 29 May 2019. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- Karki, Tripti (19 February 2020). "Anupama Parameswaran and Atharvaa Murali's film titled Thalli Pogathey, see first look". India TV. Retrieved 29 February 2020.
- "SIIMA Awards Malayalam 2016 Nominations and Winners". Scooptimes. Retrieved 5 April 2020.
- "SIIMA Nominations: Theri, Janatha Garage, Maheshinte Prathikaram and Kirik Party lead". Indian Express. 31 May 2017. Retrieved 5 April 2020.
- "IIFA Utsavam 2017: Here is the list of winners and photos". International Business Times. 30 March 2017. Retrieved 5 April 2020.
- "64th Filmfare South Awards 2017: Here's Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Tamil nomination lists". International Business Times. 9 June 2017. Retrieved 5 April 2020.
- "Zee Cinemalu Awards". Zee Cinemalu. Retrieved 5 April 2020.
- "Zee Cinemalu Award Results". Zee Cinemalu. Retrieved 5 April 2020.
- "Zee Telugu Golden Awards 2017 nomination list: Baahubali 2 gets highest nods, will Prabhas get an award?". International Business Times. 19 December 2017. Retrieved 5 April 2020.