Jomonte Suvisheshangal (transl. Jomon's Gospels) is a 2017 Indian Malayalam-language family drama film directed by Sathyan Anthikkad and written by Iqbal Kuttippuram. The film stars Dulquer Salmaan, Mukesh and Aishwarya Rajesh. Aishwarya Rajesh made her Malayalam debut through this film.
|Directed by||Sathyan Anthikad|
|Written by||Iqbal Kuttippuram|
|Produced by||Sethu Mannarkad|
Full Moon Cinema
|Distributed by||Kalasangham Films|
|Box office||₹43 crore|
Jomon is an irresponsible son, the third, of self-made businessman and widower Vincent. The story, set in Thrissur, revolves around Vincent's family, which focuses on the relationship between the father and the son. Vincent, who is very fond of his son, constantly tries to instill in him a sense of responsibility, only to be met with failure.
Jomon falls in love with Catherine, whom he meets in the church while attending the Sunday mass on his father's insistence. Vincent also puts Jomon in charge of gent's wear store so that his son develops a sense of maturity. However, much to Vincent's dismay, Jomon sells it to the store manager, for an amount of ₹40 lakh. It is later revealed that Jomon sold the store, along with his expensive motorcycle, to invest in and become the managing partner of a textile store in Tiruppur along with his friend Mushtaq.
Meanwhile, a financial catastrophe befalls Vincent. He loses all his property and is evicted from his house. Abandoned by all other family members, he joins Jomon in Thiruppur where they begin to live a modest life. Jomon is forced to terminate his relationship with Catherine due to the family's newfound financial constraints.
Jomon's life in Thiruppur is equally turbulent as the new business venture fails as a result of Mushtaq's extravagant lifestyle. He starts working as a salesman for a textile company, during the course of which he befriends Vaidehi, an accountant at a textile manufacturing company he happens to visit on business. Vincent, who also has difficulties adjusting to the new lifestyle, takes up the job of a tailor to fund his expensive habit of smoking imported cigarettes.
After a series of setbacks in their business, Jomon and Mushtaq, along with Vaidehi, manage to successfully build a new business venture. Soon, Jomon is able to buy back Vincent's old house and the family reunites with new lessons learnt. In the end it is revealed to Vincent (who thought his son had only learned the importance of money but not of relationships) that Jomon had fallen in love with Vaidehi, who moved into Thrissur along with her father.
- Dulquer Salmaan as Jomon T. Vincent
- Mukesh as Vincent, Jomon's father
- Anupama Parameswaran as Catherine
- Aishwarya Rajesh as Vaidehi Perumal
- Shivaji Guruvayoor as Ravunni
- Manobala as Perumal
- Jacob Gregory as Muzthaq
- Indu Thampy as Dr. Jeslin Alphonse, Jomon's sister-in-law
- Innocent as Palodan
- Muthumani as Laly, Jomon's sister
- Vinu Mohan as Dr. Alphonse Vincent, Jomon's brother
- Irshad as Joshy
- Nandhu as Dr. Kuriakose
- Rasna Pavithran as Tessa
- Rahul Ravi as Tessa's husband
- Disney James as Tony
- Ashvin Mathew as David
- Sethulakshmi as T. C. Mariyamma
- Harish Siva as friend
- Chembil Ashokan
- Vinod Kedamangalam
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||2 December 2016|
|Recorded||Varsha Vallaki Studios|
|Genre||Feature Film Soundtrack|
The music and score for the film is composed by Vidyasagar with lyrics penned by Rafeeq Ahammed. Vidyasagar is working with Sathyan Anthikad for the third time. The complete album was released by Muzik247 in their official YouTube channel on 2 December 2016. The film had three songs.
Initially, Jomonte Suvisheshangal was scheduled to release on 16 December 2016, but later pushed its date and released on 19 January 2017 due to Kerala theater strike. The movie was released in Dubai on 1 February 2017.
Jomonte Suvisheshangal collected ₹24 crore from Kerala alone, ₹5.6 crore from rest of India, ₹9.97 crore from UAE-GCC and ₹4.1 crore from rest of the World box office. The film ran for 60 days in its theatres and it collected around ₹43.67 crore from Worldwide box office.
S.R. Praveen of The Hindu wrote "This is the Sathyan Anthikkad version of what you have seen in the similarly named Jacobinte Swargarajyam, it's all about the chemistry between the father and the son, something which we have seen in quite a number of Sathyan movies".The Times of India gave 3 out of 5 stars stating "Jomon’s tale can definitely be a hit with the section of audience for who relate to elements like family sentiments, human traits of endurance and parent-child bond. The movie can also win the hearts of fans of Dulquer Salmaan and his mannerisms as the actor indeed comes across as charming in a few sequences".India Today gave 3 out of 5 stars stating "Jomonte Suveshishangal soars high with its pleasing story. The film itself is one of those enjoyable long rides one would take with a Yesudas song".
Anu James of International Business Times wrote "Jomonte Suviseshangal is a typical Sathyan Anthikad movie, old wine served in new bottle with a familiar and predictable storyline. Nevertheless, it is a feel-good entertainer that is well handled by Dulquer and Mukesh, and teaches us that one cannot taste success throughout as one will have to face ups and downs in life".The Indian Express gave 3 out of 5 stars stating "Jomonte Suveshishangal is a delightful film written by Iqbal Kuttippuram. The film narrates the uplifting journey of its title character, played by Dulquer Salmaan. Mukesh and Dulquer as father and son are delightful".IndiaGlitz gave 4 out of 5 stars stating "This is Dulquer’s movie from the word go and he has given a matured performance. Songs adds to the movie and is there only wherever necessary. Frames are pleasant and the edits add colour to them. ‘Jomonte Suvisheshangal’ is a fun movie, not to be missed. Amen!".
Though initially, the movie didn't have a streaming partner, it strarted streaming on ManoramaMax after the launch of the service. The Telugu version Andamaina Jeevitham was released on Amazon Prime Video for streaming.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|Date of ceremony||Award||Category||Recipient(s) and nominee(s)||Result||Ref.|
|16 June 2018||Filmfare Awards South||Best Supporting Actress – Malayalam||Aishwarya Rajesh||Nominated|||
|14 &15 September 2018||South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Malayalam||Mukesh||Nominated|||
|Best Comedian – Malayalam||Jacob Gregory||Nominated|
|Best Female Playback Singer – Malayalam||Sujatha Mohan||Nominated|
- Unni.k.Warrier (14 January 2017). "ജോമോന്റെ സുവിശേഷങ്ങൾ 19–ന് എത്തും". Malayala Manorama.
- "Dulquer Salmaan's Jomonte Suviseshangal becomes his solo biggest Malayalam grosser in 60 days of its theatrical run". International Business Times. 21 March 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2020.
...the movie has collected approximately Rs 24 crores from Kerala alone, apart from the Rs 5.6 crore from the rest of India, Rs 9.97 crore from the UAE-GCC regions and Rs 4.1 crore from elsewhere.
- Satyan Anthikkad's Dulquer Salman movie titled 'Jomonte Suvisheshangal'. Nowrunning.com (2016-09-09). Retrieved on 2017-03-09.
- It's out! Catch the first look of Dulquer Salmaan-Sathyan Anthikad film. English.manoramaonline.com. Retrieved on 2017-03-09.
- "'Jomonte Suvisheshangal': Actress Aishwarya Rajesh joins Dulquer-starrer". Malayala Manorama. 20 September 2016.
- "Jomonte Suviseshangal: Second Schedule Starts Rolling". filmibeat. 21 October 2016.
- "Jomonte Suvisheshangal Songs Out". pressks. 2 December 2016. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- "Jomonte Suvisheshangal to release on Dec 16". Times of India. 20 November 2016. Retrieved 1 January 2020.
- "Dulquer Salmaan's Jomonte Suviseshangal, Mohanlal's Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol, Prithviraj Sukumaran's Ezra release dates out". International Business Times. 15 January 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2020.
- "Dulquer Salmaan at 'Jomonte Suvisheshangal' premiere in Dubai". The News Minute. 1 February 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2020.
- "Jomonte Suvisheshangal: similar fare". The Hindu. 20 January 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2020.
- "Jomonte Suvisheshangal Movie Review". Times of India. 19 January 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2020.
- "Jomonte Suvisheshangal movie review: Dulquer Salmaan's film is a fun-filled entertainer". India Today. 21 January 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2020.
- "Jomonte Suvisheshangal review: Dulquer Salmaan and Mukesh chemistry makes the movie special". International Business Times. 23 January 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2020.
- "Jomonte Suviseshangal movie review: Dulquer Salmaan-starrer is a delightful film". The Indian Express. 19 January 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2020.
- "Jomonte Suvisheshangal Review". IndiaGlitz. 20 January 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2020.
- "Andamaina Jeevitham". Amazon. Retrieved 1 January 2020.
- "TELUGU NOMINATIONS FOR FILMFARE AWARDS SOUTH 2018". Filmfare. Retrieved 1 January 2020.
- "SIIMA Awards 2017 nominations (Malayalam): Maheshinte Prathikaram leads; check date, venue, ticket details". International Business Times. 31 May 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2020.