Anubhav Mohanty (born 24 December 1981) is an Indian actor, film producer, television personality and politician. He has a significant following in Odisha, referred as the "Bhaijaan", "Baadshah" and "Kalinga Sandha" of Ollywood.He is currently the highest paid actor of Ollywood.
24 December 1981
|Education||Christ College, Cuttack|
|Occupation||Actor, Film producer, Politician|
(m. after 2014)
Mohanty started his career by appearing in Odia music videos before debuting in the Odia cinema in the 2004 film I Love You opposite Namrata Thapa. He had two other releases the same year, Saathire and Barsha My Darling. Afterwards, a number of his films such as Nei Jare Megha Mote (2008), Suna Chadhei Mo Rupa Chadhei (2009), Akashe Ki Ranga Lagila (2009), Abhimanyu (2009), Ama Bhitare Kichhi Achhi (2010), Diwana (2010), Kiese Dakuchhi Kouthi Mate (2011), Balunga Toka (2011), Something Something (2012), Matric Fail (2012), ACP Ranveer (2012), Mo Duniya Tu Hi Tu (2013), Haata Dhari Chaaluthaa (2013), Kehi Jane Bhala Lagere (2013), Something Something 2 (2014), Gapa Hele bi Sata (2015), Agastya (2016), Abhaya (2017), Kabula Barabula (2017), Prem Kumar: Salesman of the year (2018) were commercially successful.
In 2012, after the success of Balunga Toka, he created his own production house named Vishnupriyaa Arts & Graphics. The movie Something Something was the biggest hit of 2012. It ran for 115 days in Odisha and Bengaluru simultaneously at the theaters. It is the only Odia movie till date that has run 115 days in Bengaluru. Anubhav made his debut in the Bengali film industry with the movie Saathi Amaar opposite Rachana Banerjee in a special appearance. In 2019, Mohanty came out with his most expensive Odia movie Biju Babu, which didn't do well as expected at the box office.
On 27 April 2013, he joined the regional political party BJD. He was elected to Rajya Sabha uncontested in June 2014 and is the youngest parliamentarian of Rajyasabha. On 23 May 2019, he was elected as the Member of Parliament from Kendrapara (Lok Sabha constituency) by beating the previously elected Member of Parliament Baijayant Panda. He known as the most young politician of Odisha.
|Previous MP||Previous Party||Elected MP||Elected Party|
|Renubala Pradhan||BJD||Anubhav Mohanty||BJD|
|Kendrapara||72.23||Anubhav Mohanty||BJD||Baijayant Panda||BJP||152584|
- 2018: Star Entertainer of the Year Award for Abhaya (Tarang Cine Awards)
- 2014: Best Actor for Something Something 2 (Tarang Cine Awards)
- 2013: Best Actor for Haata Dhari Chaaluthaa (Tarang Cine Awards)
- 2012: Best Actor for Something Something (Tarang Cine Awards)
- 2011: Best Actor for Balunga Toka (Tarang Cine Awards)
- 2010: Best Actor for Deewana (Etv Oriya Film Awards)
- 2009: Best Actor for Akashe Ki Ranga Lagila (Orissa State Film Awards)
- 2009: Best Actor for Abhimanyu (Tarang Cine Awards)
- 2007: Anandalok Best Action Hero Award for Kalishankar (Anandalok Awards)
- 2004–05: Rajiv Gandhi Pratibha Samman
- Mohanty, Debabrata (2 December 2004). "Tolly pretty faces for Oriya film revival". Calcutta, India: telegraphindia.com. Archived from the original on 26 May 2011. Retrieved 24 October 2008.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 5 November 2018. Retrieved 5 November 2018.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Anubhav Mohnaty losing weight for biopic on Dilip Tirkey". Archived from the original on 15 December 2018. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Wel Come To Orissa | About Orissa, Orissa Culture, Odissi, Oriya Songs, Purely Soul & Image of Orissa". welcomeorissa.com. Archived from the original on 23 December 2008. Retrieved 24 October 2008.
- "Orissa Film Celebrity". movies.fullodisha.com. Archived from the original on 27 March 2015. Retrieved 24 October 2008.
- Mohanty, Subhasish; Panda, Namita. "Reel hero courts BJD – Chief minister inducts Anubhav Mohanty into party". The Telegraph. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- "Odisha: Anubhav Mohanty elected to Rajya Sabha uncontested and He has 1st most young parliamentarian of Rajyasabha still today". OdishaDiary. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- "Kendrapara Lok Sabha results 2019: Anubhav Mohanty wins with over 6.5 lakh votes, BJD set for a comeback". India Today. Archived from the original on 26 December 2019.
- Final voter turnout of Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the Lok Sabha Elections 2019 Archived 20 April 2019 at the Wayback Machine, The Election Commission of India (20 April 2019, updated 4 May 2019)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anubhav Mohanty.|
- Anubhav Mohanty at IMDb
- Best Movies of Anubhav Mohanty
- Anubhav Mohanty at Ollywood Maza
- Anubhav Mohanty Biography
- Anubhav Mohanty, one of the most successful actor in East India
|Awards and achievements|
| Best Action Hero
for Nabab Nandini