Anthony Midget (born February 22, 1978) is an American football coach who is currently the secondary coach for the Tennessee Titans. He played college football at Virginia Tech. After a short-lived career playing professionally in the National Football League (NFL), Midget began coaching beginning at the high school level and then progressing from college to the NFL.
|Position:||Defensive backs coach|
|Born:||February 22, 1978|
|High school:||Clewiston (FL)|
|NFL Draft:||2000 / Round: 5 / Pick: 134|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
Midget played high school football in Clewiston, Florida at Clewiston High School. From there, he proceeded to Virginia Tech, where he was a four-year letter winner and three-year starter. After his senior season, Midget was named a third team All-American, first team All-Big East, and a member of the Big East All-Academic Team. A Dean's List student, Midget graduated with a degree in sociology in 1999. He was drafted in the fifth round of the 2000 NFL Draft by the Atlanta Falcons. He also spent two seasons on the practice squad of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
After his short-lived playing career, Midget began his coaching career in 2002 at Lake Worth High School in Florida where he held many positions culminating with being the assistant head coach and defensive coordinator. In 2007, he went back to his alma mater at Virginia Tech as a graduate assistant. From Virginia Tech, Midget progressed to Georgia State where, from 2008 to 2011, he served as the special teams coordinator and defensive backs coach and in 2012 he served as the defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach. He was briefly hired in January 2013 to serve as a defensive assistant at Marshall, but before he coached a game at Marshall he was hired at Penn State to coach safeties.
- "Anthony Midget Stats". ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- "Anthony Midget Profile". HoustonTexans.com. NFL Interactive Media. Archived from the original on September 6, 2015. Retrieved September 7, 2015.
- Associated Press. "Penn State hires Anthony Midget to coach safeties". Yahoo! Sports. Yahoo!. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- "Anthony Midget". Georgia State Athletics. Georgia State University. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- Goldberg, Dave (April 17, 2000). "Raiders focus on kicking game". The Charleston Gazette. via HighBeam Research (subscription required). Archived from the original on April 15, 2016. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- Pianovich, Stephen. "Anthony Midget named Penn State's safeties coach". Footblog - The Daily Collegian Online. Collegian. Archived from the original on April 9, 2013. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- "Bucs sign DT Gurley, CB Midget". AP Online. via HighBeam Research (subscription required). Archived from the original on April 15, 2016. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- Flounders, Bob (February 14, 2013). "Staff Set: Penn State coach Bill O'Brien adds Anthony Midget as defensive backs coach". Harrisburg Patriot-News. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- Smock, Doug (January 29, 2013). "Marshall Football: Herd adds defensive coach to staff". The Charleston Gazette. via Questia Online Library. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- Hockensmith, Dustin (February 27, 2013). "New Penn State safeties coach Anthony Midget: 'I demand my players be the best'". Harrisburg Patriot-News. Retrieved March 14, 2013.
- Moraitis, Michael (January 28, 2020). "Tennessee Titans hire Anthony Midget as new secondary coach: Report". TitanSized.com. Retrieved January 30, 2020.