Clewiston High School
Clewiston High School in Clewiston, Florida is one of two public high schools of the Hendry County Schools system. Clewiston High School, home of the Tigers, is a small, rural school in South Central Florida on the Southern border of Lake Okeechobee.
|Clewiston High School|
1501 South Francisco Street
|School type||public, high school|
|School district||Hendry County Schools|
|NCES District ID||1200780|
|Superintendent||Paul K. Puletti|
|NCES School ID||120078002663|
|Teaching staff||44.00 (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||21.32|
|Color(s)||Blue and Gold|
|Newspaper||The Tiger Times|
The student body was 51.5% female and 48.5% male in 2013-14. The racial breakdown was:Hispanic-52.0%, Black-23.3%, White-23.3%, Asian/Pacific islanders-0.8 %, Multiracial-0.5% and Native American/Alaskan-0.3%. According to the NCES, 72.2% of the students were eligible for free or reduced lunch.
According to the U.S. News and World Report for the 2009–2010 school year, Clewiston High School is a Title I funds-receiving school, with 63% of its student body considered "economically disadvantaged". Clewiston High School offers Advanced Placement courses, which approximately 30% of its students take. Students also have the opportunity to dual-enroll with Palm Beach State College, Florida SouthWestern State College (formerly Edison State College), or Florida Gulf Coast University. Through this program, all expenses are paid for through the school district. When calculating the letter grade for the schools, dual-enrollment and AP enrollment numbers are included.
Clewiston High School offers ten sport programs to their students; these include: Football, Basketball, Track, Cross Country, Soccer, Wrestling, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, and Golf. Nine school clubs are also available for students to join.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Hendry". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved May 29, 2011.
- "Search for Public Schools - Clewiston High School (120078002663)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved December 29, 2015.
- "CLEWISTON HIGH SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 22, 2019.
- "Superintendent". Hendry County Schools. 2010. Archived from the original on 18 July 2011. Retrieved 18 December 2010.
- "Staff Listings & E-Mail Contacts: Administrations". administrative directory. Clewiston High School. 2010. Archived from the original on 18 July 2011. Retrieved 18 December 2010.
- "Clewiston High School". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 20 January 2013.