Eric Green (cornerback)
Eric Denaud Green (born March 16, 1982) is a former American football cornerback. He was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the third round of the 2005 NFL Draft. He played college football at Virginia Tech.
|Born:||March 16, 1982|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||196 lb (89 kg)|
|High school:||Clewiston (FL)|
|NFL Draft:||2005 / Round: 3 / Pick: 75|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Green played high school football at Clewiston High School in Clewiston, Florida where he played quarterback, wide receiver, and defensive back. He earned All-State Honors as a senior with 1,100 passing yards and 400+ rushing.
Green played college football for the Virginia Tech Hokies. During his career, he recorded 143 tackles (91 solo), four blocked kicks, and 25 pass deflections. He also posted eight interceptions with 264 return yards, third most in school history.
Drafted in the 3rd round in 2005, Green played in 12 games and started 5. He played in 15 games in 2006, starting 8, and leading with 13 defensed passes. He started the first 11 games of 2007 having 56 tackles, but on November 27 was placed on injured reserve with a groin injury. A restricted free agent in the 2008 offseason, Green signed his one-year, $2.017 million first-round tender offer on April 3, 2008.
San Francisco 49ersEdit
Green signed with the San Francisco 49ers hours after being released by the Dolphins on August 19.
In January 2010, Green was named in a lawsuit that alleged he forcibly sodomized a transgender woman in early 2009 in Arizona. That lawsuit was dismissed. Green's attorney claim Green was never served. The plaintiff's attorney claims he was not served because the suit settled. In October 2010, the suit was re-filed in federal court claiming Green failed to make the first payment. The suit asks for $10 million.
- Arizona Cardinals bio "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-02-09. Retrieved 2009-03-05.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- CB Green, DE Smith sign one-year, $2.017 million tenders
- Dolphins sign free agent CB Eric Green
- Standora, Leo (January 28, 2010). "NFL Player Eric Green Forcibly Sodomized Transgender New Yorker Angelina Mavilla Lawsuit Claims". NY Daily News. Retrieved 15 October 2010.
- Rosenthal, Greg (October 14, 2010). "Bizarre sexual assault suit against Eric Green is re-filed". NBC Sports. Retrieved 15 October 2010.
- Swift, Aisling (13 October 2010). "Transgender woman alleges rape in Fort Myers lawsuit against NFL cornerback Eric Green". Naples Daily News. Archived from the original on 17 October 2010. Retrieved 15 October 2010.