Anguilla Amateur Athletic Federation
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Vice president(s)||Winston Duncan|
|Replaced||Anguilla Amateur Athletic Association|
AAAF is the national member federation for Anguilla in the following international organisations:
- International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF)
- North American, Central American and Caribbean Athletic Association (NACAC)
- Association of Panamerican Athletics (APA)
- Central American and Caribbean Athletic Confederation (CACAC)
- Leeward Islands Athletics Association (LIAA)
There is no separate Olympic Committee in Anguilla, as Anguilla is a British Overseas Territory, not an independent state. Therefore, athletes from Anguilla are not entitled to represent Anguilla at Olympic Games, but may compete for Great Britain, either while maintaining Anguillan qualification of IAAF events, or as all Anguillans are entitled to a British passport, by transferring allegiance to Great Britain for all events.
Anguillan born long jumper Shara Proctor availed of the latter route to represent Great Britain at both the 2012 Summer Olympics and the 2013 World Championships. Anguillan sprint prospect Zharnel Hughes has indicated he may make a similar switch.
AAAF maintains the Anguillian records in athletics.
- Anguilla Amateur Athletic Association, IAAF, retrieved 2 January 2013
- ASOCIACIÓN INTERNACIONAL DE FEDERACIONES DE ATLETISMO - CONSTITUCIÓN EN VIGOR A PARTIR DEL 1 DE NOVIEMBRE DE 2011 (PDF) (in Spanish), IAAF, p. 56, retrieved 13 October 2012
- ANGUILLIAN OLYMPIAN GETS ROUSING WELCOME, Anguillian Newspaper, 28 September 2012, retrieved 2 January 2013
- [Hughes may run for GB https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/athletics/10735489/New-Usain-Bolt-Zharnel-Hughes-could-represent-Team-GB-in-Rio-Games.html]
|This article about a sports-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This athletics and track and field article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about sports in Anguilla is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|