North American, Central American and Caribbean Athletic Association
The North American, Central American and Caribbean Athletic Association (NACAC) is the continental confederation governing body of athletics for national governing bodies and multi-national federations within Northern America, Central America and the Caribbean. NACAC is one of six area associations of World Athletics (WA), previously named the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF). NACAC was founded on December 10, 1988, in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
|Headquarters||Nassau, The Bahamas|
|31 member federations|
|English and Spanish|
cONWAYE Mason of Puerto Rico was elected as the first president of the association. He was re-elected in 1999 and 2003. In 2007 Neville "Teddy" McCook (Jamaica) was elected as new president and was re-elected in 2011. After McCook died on February 11, 2013, Alain Jean-Pierre from Haiti, treasurer of NACAC and president of the Central American and Caribbean Athletic Confederation (CACAC), acted as interim president. On August 7, 2013, Víctor López from Puerto Rico, president of the Association of Panamerican Athletics (APA), was elected new president for the period 2013–2019. On July 2, 2019, during the NACAC Congress held in Querétaro, Mexico Mike Sands of Bahamas was elected president for the period 2019-2022.
|Amadeo Francis||Puerto Rico||1988–2007|
|Alain Jean-Pierre||Haiti||2013 (interim)|
|Víctor López||Puerto Rico||2013–2019|
- NACAC Championships
- NACAC Under-23 Championships
- NACAC Cross Country Championships
- NACAC Race Walking Championships
- NACAC Mountain Running Championships
- Pan American Combined Events Cup (organised by the Association of Panamerican Athletics (APA), formerly: NACAC Combined Events Championships)
- Central American and Caribbean Championships (organised by the Central American and Caribbean Athletic Confederation (CACAC))
- North American, Central American and Caribbean Athletic Association (June 3, 2011), About us, retrieved July 15, 2011
- Foster, Anthony (August 22, 2007). "McCook wins tight race for NACAC presidency". Jamaica Gleaner. Retrieved July 15, 2011.
- North American, Central American and Caribbean Athletic Association (September 4, 2007), McCook elected as NACAC president, retrieved July 15, 2011
- North American, Central American and Caribbean Athletic Association (July 15, 2011), NACAC - McCook Re-elected as NACAC President, retrieved July 15, 2011
- VICTOR LOPEZ Elected NACAC President, NACAC, August 7, 2013, retrieved January 18, 2014
- "MIKE SANDS NEW PRESIDENT ELECTED FROM NACAC – NACAC". Retrieved 2020-01-07.