Andorra at the 2016 Summer Olympics
|Andorra at the
2016 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Andorran Olympic Committee|
|in Rio de Janeiro|
|Competitors||5 in 4 sports|
|Flag bearer||Laura Sallés (opening)
Pol Moya (closing)
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
The Andorra Olympic Committee (Catalan: Comitè Olímpic Andorrà) sent a total of five athletes, two men and three women, to the Games, competing in athletics, judo, shooting, and swimming. Four of them made their maiden appearance at these Games, with swimmer Mónica Ramírez being the only returning athlete from London 2012. Half-middleweight judoka Laura Sallés was the nation's flag bearer in the opening ceremony. Andorra, however, has yet to win its first ever Olympic medal.
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
- Track & road events
|Pol Moya||Men's 800 m||1:48.88||6||Did not advance|
Andorra received an invitation from the Tripartite Commission to send a judoka competing in the women's half-middleweight category (63 kg) to the Olympics.
|Athlete||Event||Round of 32||Round of 16||Quarterfinals||Semifinals||Repechage||Final / BM|
|Laura Sallés||Women's −63 kg|| Haecker (AUS)
|Did not advance|
|Esther Barrugués||Women's 10 m air rifle||396.9||51||Did not advance|
Qualification Legend: Q = Qualify for the next round; q = Qualify for the bronze medal (shotgun)
|Pol Arias||Men's 400 m freestyle||4:21.16||49||N/A||Did not advance|
|Mónica Ramírez||Women's 100 m freestyle||DNS||Did not advance|
- "Laura Sallés serà l'abanderada dels Jocs Olímpics a Rio" [Laura Sallés will be the flag bearer at the Rio Olympics] (in Catalan). Ara. 28 July 2016. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- "IAAF Games of the XXX Olympiad – Rio 2016 Entry Standards" (PDF). IAAF. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- "Laura Sallés anirà als Jocs Olímpics de Rio" [Laura Salles will be at the Olympic Games in Rio] (in Catalan). Andorra Difusio. 24 June 2016. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "Quota Places by Nation and Number". www.issf-sports.org/. ISSF. 30 May 2016. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- "Esther Barrugués, primera representant andorrana als Jocs de Rio" [Esther Barrugués becomes the first to represent Andorra in Rio] (in Catalan). Forum.ad. 11 May 2016. Archived from the original on 4 June 2016. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "Swimming World Rankings". FINA. Archived from the original on 6 January 2011. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- "Rio 2016 – FINA Swimming Qualification System" (PDF). Rio 2016. FINA. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 February 2015. Retrieved 23 January 2015.
- "La FINA confirma la plaça per a Pol Arias i Mònica Ramírez als Jocs de Rio" [FINA confirm places for Pol Arias and Mònica Ramírez at the Rio Games] (in Catalan). Diari d'Andorra. 13 July 2016. Retrieved 17 July 2016.